• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bids in for Croll

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
It wouldn’t surprise me if Intheknow knows someone who is actually privy to inside knowledge that might give him the occasional bit, hence when he claimed we were about to sign Wagstaff after putting two and two together when he may have been told were signing a winger released from Gillingham. As for saying moves broke down for whatever reasons I think it’s completely made up.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a local sports journalist normally comes on here pretty sharpish after a story first breaks

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I rate Croll good on the ball and very strong with his head a cut above most League 2 defenders.
Tisdale didn't rate him in the end and neither does Taylor.

How you can say he is a cut above most league 2 defenders is baffling.

He isn't even a cut above most of our defenders ! He's at the bottom of the pile.

Red Devon

Tisdale didn't rate him in the end and neither does Taylor.

How you can say he is a cut above most league 2 defenders is baffling.
Because it’s clear to see he has a footballing brain to go with his ability.

Taylor has said a few times that he’s “good enough” for our team.

Stelios

For what it's worth I like Croll too.

Gutted my "Crolls Royce" nickname never caught on. Think he was too much of a Robin (un)Reliant for some.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
More mistakes than a load of dyslexic kids playing Scrabble.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
When he first arrived he was definitely an accident waiting to happen but immediately prior to the injury he suffered he was starting to look more than a half decent footballer. Since coming back he hasn’t looked quite as composed but in my view is still worth his place in the squad.

Grecian Max

Because it’s clear to see he has a footballing brain to go with his ability.

Taylor has said a few times that he’s “good enough” for our team.
Ah, the old “footballing brain” cliche :D

Taylor doesn’t rate him, otherwise he a) would be getting in the team over a loaner kid and a left back and b)would be on his way

Red Devon

Ah, the old “footballing brain” cliche :D

Taylor doesn’t rate him, otherwise he a) would be getting in the team over a loaner kid and a left back and b)would be on his way
a)He’s been injured for the last two months.

b)Struck up a good partnership with Aarron Martin back in the Autumn.

Steve Moran3

Appreciate some may laugh but I can actually see how he might do better higher up the leagues where a brick s1*t house stopper is not really a requirement these days and centre half’s need to be better footballers. Agreed he does have a mistake in him but often it’s when he’s trying to play. I’d be more worried he gets injured a lot - think he’s got loads of ability. I’ll go now....!

manc grecian

He's a walking mistake. Dives into tackles when he should stay on his feet. Tries to control the ball over his head rather than getting a better position to head it clear and got outnumber by a dwarf in that Macclesfield game.

Too many mistakes that he shows no sign of learning from.