• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we now a mediocre conference team?

I wont argue but I was pretty sure he hadn"t.
No, actually he did for a Greek side,but so did George Weahs cousin who Southampton signed funny enough,he came on as a sub against Leeds and they thought it was the real George and he got re substituted after 11 mins

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Err, Tis has played Premiership and Champions League football in his playing days I believe.
Well he played 5 games for Southampton so the Prem is possible ...

In terms of the question in the OP, I would say that we are one of the 3/4 largest in the conference but are underperforming ....

IIRC we have not beaten anyone in the top half in the league this season ... that alone should make people pause for thought ...

As for the Bury game, whoever scored first was going to win this game which made our decision not to make changes to freshen up the line up all the more baffling - throwing on 3 subs after the event is not brave - brave would have been saying stuff it, you 11 got us in to it, you get us back out ...

Prior to the goal, we had about clear chances (a free header from our first corner and a deflected shot) - I didnt know how good their keeper was until the last 7-8 minutes ... and that says it all really ...

NG

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
IIRC we have not beaten anyone in the top half in the league this season ... that alone should make people pause for thought ...
Unless you count Stevenage, although that was in the FA Cup rather than the league. However I doubt they tried any less hard though.

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

Unless you count Stevenage, although that was in the FA Cup rather than the league. However I doubt they tried any less hard though.
Still a major concern though, don"t you think?

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mox,

You managed to quote me stating that I was talking about the league !!

The fact that we managed to beat Satanage so comfortably in the cup makes a mockery of our league failings this season ...

NG

bigtrees

Tis joined Greek side Panionios (remember them playing City at the Park in a pre-season friendly?). There he helped lead the Athens outfit to*the quarter-finals of the 1999 European Cup, where they eventually bowed out*at the hands of Lazio.

Correction MkeB, the less exciting Cup-Winners Cup you'll actually find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panionios#Notable_European_campaigns

city_youth

the theme that seems to be going through this thread is that the 'moaners' feel the 'happy clappers' are content in this league. i think i'd speak for every city fan by saying no one is content we are here. but what would changing our manager achieve? nothing. we would be back to square one for the fourth time since being relegated to this division.

i seriously think some people on here are also looking enviously at torquay's league position and asking why we're not matching that, and thats playing a part in their anger at tisdale/the team. and who wouldn't? torquay are doing well. but we're exeter, and we should just concentrate on what we're doing and not give a monkeys about other teams.

i hope we're not in this division as long as hereford were, but as pointed out already on here, we are only one or two players short of being the team we need to be.

malcolms

I think this is real crux of the matter. It is difficult to imagine that the second half of the season will be so much better than the first, unless you have a wholesale change of playing personnel (not gonna happen). The players who clearly weren't good enough (as a team) are unlikely to morph into something special over Christmas and the New Year.

The fact we have not beaten a team in the top half of the league, in a league fixture, is surely the very essense of mediocrity, or is there another description hanging around the Oxford English?

Last edited:

Poultice

I think this is real crux of the matter. It is difficult to imagine that the second half of the season will be so much better than the first,
See, there you go again, nothing at all difficult in imagining a better second half to the season, in fact I am doing it right now.

I suspect that Tis will flash a little cash in Jan and we will kick on from the good results that we got over Crimble.

Easy wasn't it.

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

I admire your optimism ********, even though I feel you will be wrong.

Last edited: