• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we now a mediocre conference team?

Early Bath

Note to Mr Exeweb:
Can't you give these two (Moxey & Basham) a forum of their own then the rest of us can read the threads without these constant childish posts interupting them, and please, no one say "you don't have to read them", it can't be helped when trying to read what OTHER people are posting.
^o)

pincher

are we a mediocre conference team... no , we arnt that good.. and i agree with bashes posts..

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes CJ, thank you CJ.

.....although I'm more of a 'Rising Damp' man.
Feck me ! I agree with Pete USA.

Just off for a lie down.

malcolms

Feck me ! I agree with Pete USA.

Just off for a lie down.
Post removed for stupidity..

Last edited:

Poultice

Wasn't CJ in Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin not Rising Damp?
Yes that was implied by his stated preference for Rising Damp.

It was of course The Fall and Rise of Reggie, he was no Roman.

malcolms

Yes that was implied by his stated preference for Rising Damp.

It was of course The Fall and Rise of Reggie, he was no Roman.
I tried to remove the post before I exposed my stupidity, but no fooling you Poults eh?

Poultice

I tried to remove the post before I exposed my stupidity, but no fooling you Poults eh?
I dunno so much about that but our inability to beat Histon was thrown up earlier in this thread as an example of our mediocrity, R & D don't seem to be doing so great agin 'em, at home, Simeon Jackson and all.

citytrue

I ask again - are we a mediocre conference team?

Judging by today's performance agaisnt a mid table side R&D where all of the players who played would call themselves a 1st team player, then the answer in my opinion is that we are sooo mediocre!

I know it was a trophy game but still we should be determined to win every game we play - especially when people have travelled and paid to watch!

I think we showed our true colours today in a team without our bright spark Mackie! Does not bode well unless we buy!

Antony Moxey

No we're not. We showed our true colours today? Really? So given the general consensus is that today was one of worst performances ever, does that meanin every single other game we've played we've been punching above our weight?

citytrue

No we're not. We showed our true colours today? Really? So given the general consensus is that today was one of worst performances ever, does that meanin every single other game we've played we've been punching above our weight?
I think that Mackie makes the difference to the team. His goals and all round play has given us an edge. His play inspires all those around him. Without that edge then yes we would have been punching above our weight.