• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we now a mediocre conference team?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that Mackie makes the difference to the team.
At the moment he is, but fifteen games ago and previous to that he's been no better than an average squad player.

Bittners a Legend

His play inspires all those around him.
Agree with you here but don't agree we are a mediocre team. A few players need to rediscover themselves a nq

Bittners a Legend

His play inspires all those around him.
Agree with you here but don't agree we are a mediocre team. A few players need to rediscover themselves and quickly too. We can make the play offs but it is time a few of our boys start showing they really want it.

exeips

So a year on anyone change their opinions?

Or I guest the new question is are we just a mediocre league 2 team?

Poultice

So a year on anyone change their opinions?
Nope, except I feel better about our first half of the season than I did then, but my basic position that we can kick on if we show a more aggressive attitude holds firm.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have changed my opinion. I have re-read the thread and found it fascinating. Amazing what a difference a year and a bit makes, not only to our league position, the mood on exeweb, but also the lack of mudslinging today in comparison with then. Fascinating.

Oli

Perhaps the old adage that 'the only league table that counts is the one at the end of the season' is proven true.

At least Pete is consistent with his hating of Paul Jones.

andrew p long

Cripes- Exeweb was certainly pretty mediocre then,judging by that thread (excepting the cultural references to Leonard Rossiter)

A couple of inveterate misanthropes,backed up by the usual suspects from the half empty brigade.And unfortunately those with more sense wasted too much of their time and effort in rebuttal.

Have to laugh at the ' I'll give praise when its due' .... . Was it due by the end of May 2008?

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

In answer to the OP (very very belated)... No - We are a good League Two side, capable of playing football better than the league leaders.

UTC

angelic upstart

I find this thread fascinating, we currently are a mediocre conference team, of this there is no doubt. This sadly lies at the fault of the manager, who early doors stuck by the kids and an untested formation which has seemingly changed for good. This season hasn't been without its share of injuries and i believe they haven't helped things either. That said i'm a fan of Tisdale on the whole and believe better things are just around the corner. I also think if we don't make the play offs this season it would be time to change the manager. I don't think this will happen though as we will make the play offs.
Blows own trumpet.