• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are we now a mediocre conference team?

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought that Tis was giving Logan a bit of a rest, as he is not rotating the strikers this year, but clearly doesn't want to start him in every game and have him burn out. I thought Saturday would be viewed as a must win/ must draw match and it would be the ideal time to bring Logie back, fit, rested and raring to go. I am sure that that will happen at some stage before the run of matches over Xmas and New Year. At the moment, leaving him out, now that he must be fully rested, makes about as muc sense to me as not playing with proper full backs.:S

What next - back to 3-4-3?

ChallinorisaGOD

We have a strong squad id agree and its certainly stronger then the likes of Ebbsfleet , Histon & FGR yet were not in the playoff places and 18 points off the top...thats means either the manager is not getting the best from his squad or the players are not performing....which is it ?....
The players quite simply are making too many mistakes.

Against Burton, as an example, Tisdale did everything right - Mackie & Bash both had scored previously and shouldn't have been dropped - and they weren't. We were chasing the game and he put on more attacking players to try and get the goals - it was the right decision. What did Tisdale do in that game that was wrong? Absolutely nothing, his tactics, side and subs were all spot-on.

Yes this season is a disappointment so far but there is plenty of time to turn it around just as we did last season. Until play-offs are out of the question then this season is not a failure. Mistakes need to be cut out and a couple decent players brought in in January to compliment the squad and I believe we'll get there.

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

Breaking news, Credy is Bash's man on the inside.
Cheap shot....

crocks

And just a touch of luck.

Take Saturday as an example, if their keeper hadnt made such a brilliant save against Logie, we would be looking at a replay next Tuesday etc etc.

There is always such a fine margin between success and failure.

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

Not my fault, he bowled it up and I smacked it for four.
Post now deleted

Last edited:

crocks

Pathetic little speciman
No need for that Basham.

I think that you are arguing your points well. Unfortunately, comments like that above does nothing for your credibility.

shaunoecfc

Instead of moaning i think we should all be proud of what our team has acheived in the f.a. cup this year we thrashed one of the favourites to win the league 4-0 and we played well against bury n we should of came away with atleast a draw

BE PROUD !

C

Cliff Bastins Shorts

Instead of moaning i think we should all be proud of what our team has acheived in the f.a. cup this year we thrashed one of the favourites to win the league 4-0 and we played well against bury n we should of came away with atleast a draw

BE PROUD !

And we failed to beat Northwich.....

Remember the FAC games are different from league games.

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And just a touch of luck.

Take Saturday as an example, if their keeper hadnt made such a brilliant save against Logie, we would be looking at a replay next Tuesday etc etc.

There is always such a fine margin between success and failure.
But if PJ hadn't made his couple of good saves we would have lost 3-1. Only balls in the net count and they make the difference between success and failiure

angelic upstart

I find this thread fascinating, we currently are a mediocre conference team, of this there is no doubt. This sadly lies at the fault of the manager, who early doors stuck by the kids and an untested formation which has seemingly changed for good. This season hasn't been without its share of injuries and i believe they haven't helped things either. That said i'm a fan of Tisdale on the whole and believe better things are just around the corner. I also think if we don't make the play offs this season it would be time to change the manager. I don't think this will happen though as we will make the play offs.