• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matty must have read my post.
Reckon so, there's no argument when it comes to piranhas and peanuts.:)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Glad you agree. (Was gonna say monkey nuts but didn't want The Proper Chap to get all excited)

budegrecian

Great news indeed.
Well done Archie, well deserved and well done to MT for signing him up to a longer term deal.

Grecian2K

Is there a 'release clause' ? ;)

Stelios

Is there a 'release clause' ? ;)
£750K I heard. And 20% goes to his primary school.

[This is, of course, complete rubbish]

Forgot to say. Great news for all concerned. He came in at a tricky time and has shown fantastic determination/heart/courage as well as ability. Considering he was an 'attacking' youth player he has really impressed in his role.

Good on him. Look forward to seeing him progress (y)

Last edited:

budegrecian

I see the footnote to this story is that Max Smallcombe, who is currently on loan to Tiverton, has had his contract extended until the end of the season. I hadn't realised he was only on a 6 month deal. At one time he was being talked about in almost similar terms to Ethan & he represented Wales at U17 a few times. I believe he had a serious injury last season which has severely hampered his progress. Wish him the best of luck for the rest of the season & hope he can make up the necessary ground to get another contract next season. Whilst MT is a big supporter of the Academy & will give youngsters a chance, if he thinks they're good enough, I think he will also be a bit more ruthless than Tis, if he doesn't think they will make it.

STURTZ

Want to hear that Archie is working on his free kicks, since JMT has gone and Harley gave up taking them we've had nobody likely to score from those 20 yard free kicks around the box that pop up every couple of games (well o.k. Holmes has sometimes looked promising but other than him, nadar). Got a feeling Collins has the ability to actually trouble the oppos goalie, give him the ball Matt!

budegrecian

He's started taking corners now, so maybe free kicks are next.

budegrecian

So, listening to MT's interview on Kellow's Bootlaces, Archie has two brothers who are also both in our Academy. Let's hope that they show the same promise as Archie.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, listening to MT's interview on Kellow's Bootlaces, Archie has two brothers who are also both in our Academy. Let's hope that they show the same promise as Archie.
The other interesting snippet is that apparently Archie signed his new contract before the Swindon game; I wonder if he was knocking on the manager's door asking for a pay-rise after scoring that goal.