• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Archie Collins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Need to try and get him on a 3 or 4 yr contract and sod the money. Lets back the potential of our young players of ability and not let the piranhas of this world nick him for peanuts.

Last edited:

Terryhall

In the EFL team of the week after his efforts against Swindon. https://www.efl.com/news/2019/january/team-of-the-week-matchday-26/

Tisdale as the manager :)
There's always one left field selection in the ToW.... ;)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the EFL team of the week after his efforts against Swindon. https://www.efl.com/news/2019/january/team-of-the-week-matchday-26/

Tisdale as the manager :)
Strange selections as usual - three defenders and seven in midfield / attack.

JayPob94

First game ive watched since the play off final was us v grimsby. Ive never seen a central midfielder so composed on the ball with the quality to match, at his age. I remember Grimes when he broke through but his form was up and down to begin with. Collins looks a real player, takes a cracking set piece too - agreed now with Perryman and Tisdale gone we should be able to put some muscle into the contracts.

Boyo

Need to try and get him on a 3 or 4 yr contract and sod the money. Lets back the potential of our young players of ability and not let the piranhas of this world nick him for peanuts.
He’s still got 3.5 years until he turns 23, so he can’t leave on a free prior to then. That’s our safety net. If I were in his shoes I probably wouldn’t sign a 4 year deal, unless it was really lucrative.

Him signing a 4 year deal only extends the period of time by which he could leave for free by about 6 months. It would probably cost the club £100-£200k.

Stelios

Lets not get too carried away. He has done well and looks good but I'm not sure we've got the new Gerrard/Lampard just yet.

I am a fan of his.

Pobbop

There's some bizarre stuff going on in this thread, but that's the nature of Exeweb nowadays. In the end we probably maximised what we could get for the likes of Ampadu (it's not Tisdale/perrymans fault the EPP rules), and certainly Grimes, and don't think we did badly on Storey and Watkins.

JMT was uppsetting, but to read the talk here we've made next-to-nothing, rather than multi-millions.

Anyway, he looks a very neat footballer, gave the ball away too much at times at first, but think it's probably nerves. Has an excellent technique, and will only grow with more games. Got to say, I'd really like to see Law-Collins-Boateng as a three in central midfield. Yet I guess our captain has to play.:S

Ashford Grecian

Yet I guess our captain has to play.:S
I think this needs to be addressed as IMHO he hasn't done a great deal so far this season.........

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Archie had signed a new contract. Excellent news!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Archie had signed a new contract. Excellent news!
Matty must have read my post.