• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another chapter in the book of Life

Ian Mancey

IM.
I've just done some speed reading through this thread and all I can say is that the lad has done something he should never regret.
I served 17 years in the forces and for all the bad bits (not that many when weighed against the good) ten years later I wish I was still in.
I'd swapped places with him any day. (And I don't really have a bad job now. Well not now that GJW has left).
Thank you Red robbo, I know he will love it and at the end of the day this his chosen career and I support him 100%, just hard to let go thats all, but every day is easier. Again thank you very much appreciated, very much.

Ian Mancey

Well everyone the book has moved on!

Cany you believe Liam has been in the Navy 2 years now! Nearly to the day
The time has just flown by and everyone who expressed their concerns and support, friends i have made I thank you for your support.
Nursey, Zider, Ant Moxey, lammie, Manc, Angelic, Footie mum, RR, DB9, G2K, Scooterboy 65, HR, Southampton Grecian and if i have forgotten anyone I appologise.
Southampton Gull, thanks mate, SJP next buddy.;) and I know you are as soft! seen it :) if not more;)

Well the next chapter?

Liam sails on the 18th February for the Gulf! 6-9 months! He is based on HMS Ocean will be working between Iraq and Afghanistan! with I am led to believe a visit the Hong Kong and Singapore is planned! so its not all gloom!

Proud dad? you bet, no one prouder! but 19 and going to war?
Worried? only mum worries more! Ill give her that one, sort of. hes still(I know Liam wont appreciate this) my baby, as my girls are.

Sorry if Im boring.

Daughter of I_M

How is that boring? If my daughter ever does anything like that I'd be so proud but so worried for her. It takes an amazing person to do the sort of thing Liam is doing imo, and you have every right to be extremely proud.

Good luck to Liam, and hope all goes well, it will probably be an amazing experience. x

Ian Mancey

Thank you DOIM
your daughter will always make you proud! the older the kids get the more you bloody worry! part of being a parent i think!

thank you x

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
God its dusty in here:$ Liam is a star as are his parents
Boring definately not! Proud most definately!

ANd although you have made some great friends, so have we

All the best to Matlo Grecian on his travels and we will be thinking about you ( and your mum and dad)
Rach and Mike xx

Ian Mancey

God its dusty in here:$ Liam is a star as are his parents
Boring definately not! Proud most definately!

ANd although you have made some great friends, so have we

All the best to Matlo Grecian on his travels and we will be thinking about you ( and your mum and dad)
Rach and Mike xx
Babe, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ian Mancey

Babe, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
and get the duster oout! :D;)

DB9

Ian, 2 years cant believe how the time has flown! His deployment must be a worry for you and his mum but you can be assured he is surrounded by well trained people who really look out for each other. On the plus side when he comes home he'll have one hell of a tan.

19 years old and doing a job like his is really something to be proud of Ian. Many 19 year old's are moping around not knowing what they want from life and getting up to all sorts so at least you know he is in good hands.

You'll have to keep him up to date with all things ECFC and i want to see him on Soccer AM showing off his City shirt in their Salute to the forces item, If Chamberpot doesn't mind ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It a pretty poor show if you can't be proud of your son, and want to share it.

Get on with it Ian. Long time away. But chillern fly the nest (few years yet for me).

Oli

Liam sails on the 18th February for the Gulf! 6-9 months! He is based on HMS Ocean will be working between Iraq and Afghanistan! with I am led to believe a visit the Hong Kong and Singapore is planned! so its not all gloom!

Proud dad? you bet, no one prouder! but 19 and going to war?
Worried? only mum worries more! Ill give her that one, sort of. hes still(I know Liam wont appreciate this) my baby, as my girls are.
The only thing you should worry about is the trip to HK and the inevitable Navy trip to Wan Chai! ;)