• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another chapter in the book of Life

N

Neil Pym

Good luck to Liam. Make sure you take him to a home game Ian. It would be great to see you in the SJC before the game

Ian Mancey

Good luck to Liam. Make sure you take him to a home game Ian. It would be great to see you in the SJC before the game
Definatley Neil, he wants to go after his passing out so as soon as I find out when he passes out i will arrange it! I think it will be around the 22nd March? only think at the mo

Thanks mate

Ian Mancey

My brother and I are the first generation of Crockfords not to join the Navy.

Congratulations Ian, and good luck to the bauy.
Thanks Alan, out of curiosity why did you not join?

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
In no particular order:
1. Technical incompetence
2. Partial eyesight
3. Couldn't miss so many City games
4. Poor swimming (although my Grandad couldn’t swim at all apparently)
5. Cowardice
Etc...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice one Ian. I remember how proud my in-laws were when my BIL joined the Navy many moons ago. We had some great drinking seshes when he came home, and I know for a fact he wouldn't have missed his time in there for the world (which he managed to see most of too!!). He's been out a number of years now, but I'll never forget us sending him off from Portsmouth when he was part of the convoy that went to Australia for six months as part of their bicentennial celebrations.

Just don't let your missus find out about Bankok masseuses and the usual forces drinking games...Lol!

DB9

Ian you must be one proud father, I'm sure he will serve the navy well and make you even more proud than you are now.

One consolation for you Ian is that you must have been a great father to bring him up into wanting to do such a responsible job at a very young age and it show's that he has a mature head on his shoulders.

I bet you'll shed a tear of pride at his passing out parade

pincher

dont know you but congrats on your lad joining the senior service, did 15yrs in mob ,very very happy days, he will love it.. if he finds basic training tough ,remind him its only for small amount of time ,it is tough but its meant to be ,to sift out the non handlers, see out the 8 weeks if it kills him ,it will be very worth his effort....my very first trip was on hms ark royal ,3 months boozing around the carribean , on its de commissioning run...which was televised ..rod stewart sang theme song "we are sailing", after serving 6months in navy i had been to Jamaica, Grenada, Bermuda,Nassau,Barbados,FT lauderdale,New Orleans and Norfolk (virginnia), came home on leave to find my exeter mates taking **** for being sailor boy ,and laughing because i was missing a proposed 1 week in spain with them ,i was really dissapointed (not) he who laughs last ect...... tell your lad these trips are very much normal , hope he gets several , am very envious....wish him luck...

Oldsmobile-88

Good luck to Liam in his career.My father was in the RN for 25 years,& my brother in law has just completed 25 years as well & is still serving.
They both would not have swapped their time in the senior service for anything.

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
so how are you all after Liam has gone this morning? Hope it all went smoothly

Ian Mancey

Dont know if this has worked? If not please help what an I doing wrong?