• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another chapter in the book of Life

Ian Mancey

Good luck to Liam in his career.My father was in the RN for 25 years,& my brother in law has just completed 25 years as well & is still serving.
They both would not have swapped their time in the senior service for anything.
Thank you Olds, I am overwelmed by everyones wishes, and I know liam will make the most and love it, but as a Dad its hard to let go!

I would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and wishes I know liam wont let us down [ecfc]

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
You know what Ian, While you and the family are missing and thinking about how he's getting on, He'll be having the time of his life and when you see him for his first leave and make a fuss he'll think you've gone barmy and stop being a soft git. ;)

But you can tell him you can, because you're his dad!

Last edited:

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
nice pics Ian !!!

Scooterboy 65

All the best to your son Liam in his new adventure im sure he will have a wonderful life in the navy

DB9

DB9 your thoughts bring a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat thank you. Really struggled today! Not aware i did anything special? Yes he is mature and Im very very proud

thank you
You dont have to do anything special Ian, Just being a father and there for him is enough.

As a father of 3 i still pinch myself after 16 years to think how lucky i am

B

BTIE

Just read this thread for the first time, so all I can say is all the very best to your lad mate, he"ll be fine.
Echo the sentiments from DB9 also.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

My final entry (hopefully) in the "book of life" just happens to be celebrating her 18th today...
....god, you don't know quite how old that makes me suddenly feel :(

angelic upstart

G2K

It's nowhere near the final entry yet....You haven't even finished the 2nd chapter.

Ian Mancey

My final entry (hopefully) in the "book of life" just happens to be celebrating her 18th today...
....god, you don't know quite how old that makes me suddenly feel :(
Happy Birthday To your daughter G2K and thanks mate

Red Robbo

IM.
I've just done some speed reading through this thread and all I can say is that the lad has done something he should never regret.
I served 17 years in the forces and for all the bad bits (not that many when weighed against the good) ten years later I wish I was still in.
I'd swapped places with him any day. (And I don't really have a bad job now. Well not now that GJW has left).