• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

An EMBARRASSING day to be an Exeter fan

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Three games, Geoff. Three.
Yeh. Was thinking in team turns mike.

thermopylai

Three games, Geoff. Three.
I admire your optimism Mike! Bravo. Although I guess with the time difference, you started drinking several hours before we did.

denzel

So the football club fecks up but it's the fans fault. How many times have we heard that recently?
The club didn't feck up, the team lost a game and have to settle for the playoffs.

Legohead

Banned
It was not flares thrown.. Smoke cannister (singular),yep wrong,but not crime of the decade.A bit of perspective reqd..

Can’t comment on the chants,I’ma bit deaf & was sat at the far side of the stand,but that’s football,like it or not.
No perspective required Olds although i am corrected that it wasn't flares or a flare but a smoke bomb. Regardless though of whether it was smoke bomb or a flare. Same outcome for me. Find the individual responsible and ban him for life.

IndoMike

If (and at the mo this is just alleged) Tisdale shepherded the players off without the players applauding the thousand fans who attended I find that pathetic. It's like he's saying to the players "look , the fans are against us, when in fact the chants were against him. Man up, Tizzy : like all managers, if you want the praise you have to take the criticism on the chin. Don't deflect.

IndoMike

I admire your optimism Mike! Bravo. Although I guess with the time difference, you started drinking several hours before we did.
At least three : Colchester and the two playoffs, innit? If i'm wrong it must be that my senses were dulled by the "My Ifollow isn't working. Is yours working? Yes, it is. But mine isn't. Oh, it's gone again" thrilling dialogue. I'm not p*ssed : I'm p*ssed orf.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ah, the easy excuse for a lack of self control. Nice one Hants. Were you among them?
No. I'm in Venice. Were you there sitting politely applauding failure?

Bittners a Legend

I mean how does a manager handle that situation
Like a professional. Lots of people, wrongly, get abuse and grief in their jobs and they have to carry on and ignore it. I don't know why anybody is surprised by this and it comes back to the issue of his attitude which has been appalling for a long time. I'd like to think Geoff you are man enough to admit, given our conversation on here just a few weeks ago, that you were wrong about Tisdale when it comes to his attitude.

Personally I think chanting against the manager during a game is pathetic and pointless. What is it going to achieve? Allowing yourself to be motivated by anger never ends well and when the chips are down fans should support.

Nevertheless Paul Tisdale is paid an awful lot of money to be a professional and is supposed to represent our "family" club. Unfortunately this situation has been allowed to develop over many years and his behaviour has gone unpunished and unchecked. As a few of us have been saying for a while, it is best for all parties if he leaves at the end of the season. If he made an offensive gesture then he should be disciplined by the football club. I suspect he won't be.

On the footballing side, a top 7 finish is not a bad season and everybody has off days. We have a lot of injuries and this current side has no real identity or way of playing (horribly reliant on Pym and Stockley). That is probably Tidale's fault but he has done ok this season. We still have a chance of going up via the play offs (I don't think any of the play off sides are particularly impressive) and I would hope that Tisdale apologises and the fans get behind him for the rest of the season.

thermopylai

At least three : Colchester and the two playoffs, innit? If i'm wrong it must be that my senses were dulled by the "My Ifollow isn't working. Is yours working? Yes, it is. But mine isn't. Oh, it's gone again" thrilling dialogue. I'm not p*ssed : I'm p*ssed orf.
Ah yes.... I kind of forgot about Colchester! Which is an easy thing to do... You're quite right. I'll have to try and save face by saying something like "only three???, you pessimist, you"!

IndoMike

Ah yes.... I kind of forgot about Colchester! Which is an easy thing to do... You're quite right. I'll have to try and save face by saying something like "only three???, you pessimist, you"!
Apology accepted. I do hope we can get to Wembley, but yes. pessimistic about beating Coventry or Lincoln.