• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Admission Prices for 2014/15

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
The kid a quid thing - yes, for sure, I can definitely agree with that. Otherwise I don't buy your argument necessarily. Just because it costs a few quid less for me to get in won't mean I'd spend the equivalent (would need to actually be more than the equivalent to adjust for overheads etc.) on other stuff.
A lot of people do though. In your mind you would have a budget for going to a City game. It may be £30 for example, chances are if you spend less getting in then you might spend a bit more inside.

Eiher way, after the recent history at SJP (it wasn't jsut last season it's eben 3 seasons now!) then just knocking a quid off would have been seen as a admission that the VFM is not good. Instead they hike the prices up and take the **** even more.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
The kid a quid thing - yes, for sure, I can definitely agree with that. Otherwise I don't buy your argument necessarily. Just because it costs a few quid less for me to get in won't mean I'd spend the equivalent (would need to actually be more than the equivalent to adjust for overheads etc.) on other stuff.
You might not, doesn't mean other people won't.

It's not rocket science, if I was willing to spend 36 quid for POTG (which I wouldn't, but hypethetically speaking), I sure as hell would be taking my own drinks in and I wouldn't spend owt in or around the ground, not even half time draw tickets) If the price was say 25 quid for one adult one child (like it was last year), then I would probably spend 20 quid in and around the ground.

They lose out a lot more by having higher gate prices.

grecIAN Harris

Do you take a**hole lessons at night school Harris, or is it a natural talent that you have there?
I take my lead from you genius.

mammooman

Was half expecting it to be £100 to get in. Unless you're with a kid, in which case you get 75% of standard entry. Or if you're forces/NHS/any other job with special treatment you get 80% off with production of a valid ID card. However, if you're a student, registered disabled, have a cat called Clive or have your dinner before 6pm you use your special ECFC Match Day Loyalty Card scheme to get one free match every 2 paid for.

I'd be quite happy for the price structure to be SIMPLE with no offers while keeping the base price as low as possible to encourage spending and activity in other areas. (may even attract new fans, who would have thought it!)

Spoonz Red E

Try buying a ticket for the Stagecoach Family Stand for the Reading game:

http://ex1.glitnirticketing.com/exticket/web/stadiumg.php?event_id=213&status_id=2

One can only presume that stand isn't going to open for this particular game; if that's the case then it might just be an idea to mention it somewhere on the site.

For the umpteenth time, if you want people to buy tickets in advance then you have to make the mechanism for doing so painless. This, IMHO, is quite the opposite.
Point taken Egg. It's mentioned within the text on the club website pages but otherwise depends on people making the deduction. It should be clearer and I'll see if I can get an amendment made to the sales pages tomorrow.

As for the point you referred to and raised by Pete Martin in #63.

Are you saying that because the ticket ordering website doesn't appear to be working?

I see the login page carries this message;

"If you already are, or were, a member of a Priority Group, creating a new registration will invalidate your priority status link so please contact club reception on 01392 411243 to get your login details."

How will people remember if they've registered before? It all looks unnecessarily complicated to me.
This is just down to how databases work. The priority marker is added as a record against your profile. If you don't sign on using that profile then the system will just add you as a new member. An automated system isn't clever enough to make the connection and transfer the priority marker - more so if the new profile has other differences - eg I could register as Mike Cooper and/or Michael Cooper which would both make sense to me but not be picked up by the database system as the same person.

As for whether people will remember if they've registered before. That can't be second guessed but in my experience most people who log on to any site that needs a login name and password would remember that and usually keep a record somewhere of their log in details and password for next time.

We do regular sense checks to look for duplicate records and repair /merge them.

Anyone who forgets their password can get it reset by us (as with other sites) and perhaps we should be better at publicising that.

Spoonz / Mike Cooper

123tyrone

Guy is very much not the man he is and has ballsed up immensely with this charade

But the fans wanted change and more money to go into the football budget

My understanding of the club is the backroom staff is understaffed and underpaid.

Guy did a VFM and cost cutting exercise report and found that the club cannot cut anymore from the staff they have.

He has tried to cut costs in other ways away from the football budget.

One such way is the removal of all staff around the ground and to bring in his own blood.

Security is his mate in Taunton.

Jim Eastment has left after Guy made is role available with a new role title.

That will come back and hurt the club.

We wanted to cut the costs of the board.

Frances farley left and it is now costing us more to hire a HR dept (Guys mates again) to do the role that Farley has been doing for years

I wish that the Club got back to its roots

We got to league one without a Independent Chairman or a CEO

We had a small board

Now to those Taggy Haters on here, He was there at the very beginning

He was there when we got League Status

He was there at League One

I believe that he is now where he was before this splitting of the chair appeared

He became ceo because he was asked to do it

When the Cole Conway Chorlton Norrie era began it was only a matter of time that this era of change would bring us back to where we were in R and L Times

Rooted bottom half of league 2

We need a joint chairman of both boards - We do not need a CEO - We Need to get back to basics and back to our roots

I have been working at my club for ten years as a volunteer and paid worker

This P 45 i have in front of me slaps me in the face

I dont blame anyone for this mess except Chorlton and Wolfenden

And the only way to gain a better football budget is to raise prices

Costs are rising and so will the price

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

123tyrone,

Costs are rising due to a lack of ££££, this is due to poor performance on the pitch and fairly poor performance away from it.

This is not down to those who come through the gates and to pass it on to them is business suicide imho.

Administration within a year unless we get very lucky, the question is whether administration is now the best thing ??

For me it is the last option however we are running out of other options.

We are a shambles from top to bottom.

Last edited:

Guillem_Browser

Got to echo everyone else, can't believe they've raised it by so much given the terrible football served up at SJP for the last three seasons. £10 for u-18s is a joke and I still wonder why there isn't a 18-21 price band as well to stop the impact of a huge rise once you turn 18. I know cricket isn't everyone's cup of tea but I paid £1 to go and watch Somerset yesterday, so it doesn't take a genius to work out that I could see 10 full days of top division county cricket for the same price as 90 minutes of bang average (if we're lucky) football at SJP.

Another example of just how out of touch those running the club really are unfortunately, and I'll be hugely surprised if the average crowd is above 3-3.5k this season, which you'd never have said two or three years ago.

oldschool

We all think these prices are high but wait until they bring out the extra costs for pompey and argyle to cover policing etc will it £35 a seat.

Spoonz Red E

We all think these prices are high but wait until they bring out the extra costs for pompey and argyle to cover policing etc will it £35 a seat.
Pompey prices already announced
http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/article/home-match-tickets-exeter-city-v-portsmouth-sat-9-august-3pm-sky-bet-league-2-1710234.aspx