• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Admission Prices for 2014/15

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Egg,

Ticket sales whether in advance or POTG will have no bearing whatsoever on this element.
The club know in advance which games are to be policed (Cup Games / End Of Season Promotion Possibilites aside) and the charges are agreed in advance of the match in question. Attendance and ticket sales are irrelevant.
What is known as a herring of the red variety
The JPT game at home to Argyle a couple of seasons ago is a good indicator of this - More police on duty than away fans!

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are other ways that can be achieved without forcing people to buy in advance.

Having sent an email to Wolfie to express my opinion, his reply states the reasons as:

"The Club, by allowing supporters to save money buying in advance, will be able to control match day costs in terms of stewarding, the police, hospitality staff etc, as we will be able to understand how large the crowd is likely to be before kickoff."

Really don't understand that if you can still purchase advance tickets on the morning of he match.
How many members of this famous "Gates Comitee" are upset that he obviously thinks their work is useless if this is case.....

older-codger

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Booking in advance to watch Exeter v Dagenham on a freezing cold Tuesday night ? why would I , or should I

19 quid to watch the dross Tisdale has served up over the last 3 seasons at home ? not a chance.

Boyo

Any fan that has to watch utter dross is likely to feel short-changed regardless of what they pay.

The Echo article is interesting, although in tabloid style they’ve gone for the sensational angle. I couldn’t care less what our most expensive tickets are, as long as there are alternative, reasonable options. If people wish to spend £30 on L2 football then great – thank you very much, we’ll happily take their cash.

Some quick analysis suggests that our cheapest adult ticket (£16) costs less than the cheapest ticket at 11 of our L2 rivals. Quite how Accrington expect to attract any floating fans at £20 is beyond me. Our cheapest is the same as 4 others, and dearer than only 6 – in each case by only £1.

Luton and Cambridge’s prices weren’t included in the article.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I would like the club to publish the matchday income figures in the programme or online as they used to, and to include the figures for last season. This would make a good comparison to show what positive or negative effect the new prices are having.

The only way the club will alter things is if the income drops sharply, or possibly if the majority of fans start going into the bank while the stands are mostly empty. I don't think however that the latter would happen, although I would like to know if the majority of people who sit in the stands are ST holders. I can't see a lot of people paying the pay on the gate prices.