• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

shakey18

65,770 thread views.'Nuff said.Legend.

65,770 thread views.'Nuff said.Legend.
Most of them have been me, to be fair.

shakey18

Most of them have been me, to be fair.
Make's no difference me old mate.Just a reflection of the player and the man.

Make's no difference me old mate.Just a reflection of the player and the man.
You're not wrong, mate.

TRFC125

Hi, Tranmere fan here. It's not so long ago, you were up at Prenton Park with your banner for Adam, and I was saddened by the devastating news of his death earlier this week. As a lower league fan, we all know how tight a club, it's players and the fans can be, and my thoughts are with everyone at the club, the fans, and of course with his friends and family. I'm sure he will be missed by many. RIP.

haka

Just wanted to add my belated condolences to Adam's loved ones. It has all been said on this thread, but seeing it said by so many people from so many clubs, and so many places is very moving.

If anybody needed proof that a football club is more than a result on a pitch (or on the stock markets), it's been here in the last few days.

RIP.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I'm still reeling as I'm sure many are. I'm still utterly fragile and devastated too, just four months or so ago he was playing league one football covering every blade of grass like always.

I can't believe Stanno has been stolen from us, stolen. There's no justice whatsoever. Life is too cruel and f*cking sh*t. We city fans (and Yeovil and Hereford too) will all be here for each other, and we need to be. We are all in the same boat and only the support of each other can get us through this. I urge every City fan to lean on other City fans and don't suffer in silence. This is the ultimate tribute to Stanno.

Every tribute I see or read brings a lump to my throat, I'm sure its the same for others, but its incredible seeing how many people and how many clubs have been represented in this thread. It really is giving me personally enormous strength

shagtree bull

Morning everyone hereford united fan here to pay my condolences.
My personal memories of Adam are of a hard working tireless player who always gave my club everything he had.
Just to let you know if it hasn't been said by a previous Bulls fan on here that ALL Exeter fans are welcome at the street to pay their respects today in a minutes applause. Come mingle with us and share our memories in what is sure to be a celebration of Adams life.
The Meadow End awaits you with open arms.

11thFoot

Shocked and saddened and now angry in the unjust way this man was taken, when you compare Adam with all the crud that walks our streets, its bewildering. A guy who excelled at his job, showed honest, unstinting commitment to the cause of Yeovil, Hereford and our beloved ECFC treated others with respect and delighted so many and by all accounts a bloody nice bloke. I speak as a dad and feel heartbreak for his little children and can only imagine the sorrowful, emptiness that has descended on his wife and family.
Equally the players and staff at St James without doubt are devastated by the loss of a modest, truly professional sportsman and friend.
I am grateful that I saw Adam playing our greatest sport he enriched my/our saturday afternoons. I am grateful to him for making me joyful when he hit the back of the net or chased down a lost cause. Thanks pal.

A bright star in a dark sky rest in peace Adam.

jase 07

Shocked and saddened and now angry in the unjust way this man was taken, when you compare Adam with all the crud that walks our streets, its bewildering. A guy who excelled at his job, showed honest, unstinting commitment to the cause of Yeovil, Hereford and our beloved ECFC treated others with respect and delighted so many and by all accounts a bloody nice bloke. I speak as a dad and feel heartbreak for his little children and can only imagine the sorrowful, emptiness that has descended on his wife and family.
Equally the players and staff at St James without doubt are devastated by the loss of a modest, truly professional sportsman and friend.
I am grateful that I saw Adam playing our greatest sport he enriched my/our saturday afternoons. I am grateful to him for making me joyful when he hit the back of the net or chased down a lost cause. Thanks pal.

A bright star in a dark sky rest in peace Adam.
Very well put.