• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

Pager (Ytfc)

Hi guys,

Sorry it's taken me so long to drop in and say how saddened we all are up at Yeovil over the loss of Adam.He was a great character both on and off the pitch and I will miss looking out for his name on the vidiprinter.
I was there the day Adam scored in the trophy final at Villa park-still to the day the best match for me ever,the day he broke his leg at the Avenue in a clash with the Gravesend keeper.Adam was a fighter and fought back from the injury just like the player he was-determind and never stopped trying no matter what.
I hope we can do something later when we play you in memory of Adam,as he is loved here like he still is there.What you guys have done for Adam is superb on the terrace.A fitting tribute.

Sorry for your loss-we feel it too.RIP Adam-you truly made alot of peoples lives happy in a short space of time...

Steve

toast

Stanno, Stanno simpley the best.
God came and claimed you.
Now your at rest.
Will miss you.
RIP Stanno.
Will ever be in my thought`s.
Love to all the family.
Fondest memories.
Karen Roast

cloglander

Sad News about Adam Stansfield - I had heard he was not well but hadn't realised just how bad it was. My thoughts go out to his family, friends and to the fans of your club.

He will be remembered.

Cloglander (Gillingham F.C)

Box of Frogs

Brighton fan here - just wanted to express my sympathies regarding Adam Stansfield.

My thoughts go to his family and friends, and to all those at Exeter FC

Oldham_Chap

A big thank you must go to Oldham Althetic for their kind tribute, it's fantastic to see the kindness and support from our fellow clubs. I hope this signed ball and kind words of affection are put on display for all to see.

Changing the subject slightly, has anyone else found it difficult to focus on work in the past 3 days? I just haven't got the motivation.
Glad to see my club rightly doing something like this. We lost a player by the name of Ernie Cooksey to skin cancer who died at a similar age not so long ago so we can understand what you're going through.

RIP Adam and our thoughts go out to his friends, family and to all grecians for your loss.

Oldham_Chap

Last edited:

toast

thankyou oldham

A great gesture. Thankyou Oldham.

Fareham Grecian

It's a real tribute to Adam that so many fans of different clubs, with no direct connection to him or to us, have come on here to pay their respects. Just look at the number of contributors with 'Posts: 1' against their name. This is real football - a community club, owned by the fans, supporting and remembering one of their own. The genuine feeling on here is just amazing.

Last edited:

bees1971

It's a real tribute to Adam that so many fans of different clubs, with no direct connection to him or to us, have come on here to pay their respects. Just look at the number of contributors with 'Posts: 1' against their name. This is real football - a community club, owned by the fans, supporting and remembering one of their own. The genuine feeling on here is just amazing.
I have just gone through the lengthy process of registering to say how sorry I am to hear about Adam. Neil Harris (Millwall, but is ok) was another that had cancer and our manager (I am a Brentford supporter) has a heart defect that could have killed him. Being rivals is a fun a-side to real life problems like these. I hope that Adams family get some solice from looking back on videos of his goals...i would be well chuffed if i left something tangible for my kids- but its something you should be thinking about in your 70's or 80's. Very sorry for him and family.

I hope that when you next come to Griffin Park you all feel free to come and share a pint and a chat in one of our many pubs.

Ex-Mascot

RIP Stanno

Great professional, great man, great role model, and a very very great loss

E-M