• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

elvis the pig

Helen looked close to tears on Soccer AM. She's gone up in my estimation.

jethrotull54

Like several on this post, this is the first time that I have registered and posted. I have been following the grecians since I was a kid in the 60's, and although don't get to too many games these days, always follow the lads from wherever I am.
I shed some real tears for Adam this week, a guy who I have never met but was privileged to see play on a few occasions. From all accounts he was just an honest, brave, down to earth bloke who put his heart and soul into what he did.
I can only imagine the pain and anguish that his family are going through and my heart goes out to them. I hope in time, when the pain of loss susbsides just a little, they can take some solice in the knowledge that Adam was genuinely loved by so many.
I will be at the Bristol game next week and will sing my heart out for a guy I never knew, but I counted as a friend and hero. Sleep well, Adam.....

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Really nice words from Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday just now. Bought up that Stanno in 299 appearances received only 6 yellows and no reds, a reflection of the kind of guy he was.

ecfc2000

Really nice words from Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday just now. Bought up that Stanno in 299 appearances received only 6 yellows and no reds, a reflection of the kind of guy he was.
Beat me to it Zyder, they were indeed lovely words from Jeff.

Bexster

A minutes silence at Derby. I'd guess at a lot of other grounds as well.

samwise

There were around 100 people on the Big Bank at 3pm today to observe a minute's silence.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just got home from holiday and first time ive been able to post, I was totally shocked to hear this devastating news about Adam, To be taken away at such a young age is just awful. Stanno, You helped ECFC to rise from the depths of Non-league and always gave 100% and i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My thoughts go to his family, friends, colleagues and all at ECFC at this terrible time. I can only hope that they might get a crumb of comfort knowing that there are so many condolence messages on here from fans everywhere and that we are all thinking of you

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was up at The Park at 3 o'clock. You look up at The Bank and see all the tributes and then you look down at the pitch. Your left thinking to yourself, you should be down there Stanno running you heart as you always did not making your way to take your place amongst the angels. It still just doesn't compute.

SennockianGrecian

Again, I'm afraid that I'm a first-time poster. As a young fan living in kent, I've rarely get the opportunity to see city, except for the odd away day (at, for example, Charlton) or if I'm lucky, a trip with my family to SJP when visiting relatives.

Whilst I rarely see city play, I can honestly say that every time I saw Stanno play, particularly last season when at times we were dire, not once did I see anything but the characteristics that everyone I've spoken to said about him and will remember him for. I'd like to echo the sentiments of every other fan in offering my deepest condolences to his family.

Rest In Peace Adam, you will be sadly missed.

Red Lion

I heard the dreadful news from a text from a mate. I had to check with someone else before I believed it. I'm gutted. We were on hols in carnwall.

What brought a lump to my throat the size of an ostrch egg was when my nephew asked my 8 year old (who lost his Mum to cancer last year) "Who's Adam Stansfield?" my Lad replied "My favourite football player ever".

Tonight, reading for the first time, all the tributes and how Spotlight reported it, I'm weeping like a little girl.