• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

Brian Moore

Jeez, what can you say? I was abroad when i heard the news and to say it was a shock would be the understatment of all time. I may not be as regular as i once was at SJP but i cant believe how much this has affected me. Stanno gave everything he had for this club and his family, he was a true footballer, not like that Premiership bunch of overpaid fantasy land inhabitants, Stanno was a bloke who would run his socks off for 90 mins, sign autgraphs until there was no one left to sign for, have a drink with the fans after the game then run off home to the family grinning like a Cheshire cat, a bloke who genuinely loved what he was doing, who he did it for and who he lived his life with. God bless you Stanno for making so many people smile whenever you were around and for for living your life the way it should be lived, with a smile on your face. RIP Adam - legend is a word that is bandied about too much these days but in this case it is entirely appropriate..

exile in wales

Brian hits it right on the nail ,,,well said.

Red Lion

Can anyone put all the words to "Adam Stansfield, Exeter's number 9" (to the tune of 'the animals went in 2 by 2......' on here? It didn't get sung that much but I loved it and didn't learn the words.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jeez, what can you say? I was abroad when i heard the news and to say it was a shock would be the understatment of all time. I may not be as regular as i once was at SJP but i cant believe how much this has affected me. Stanno gave everything he had for this club and his family, he was a true footballer, not like that Premiership bunch of overpaid fantasy land inhabitants, Stanno was a bloke who would run his socks off for 90 mins, sign autgraphs until there was no one left to sign for, have a drink with the fans after the game then run off home to the family grinning like a Cheshire cat, a bloke who genuinely loved what he was doing, who he did it for and who he lived his life with. God bless you Stanno for making so many people smile whenever you were around and for for living your life the way it should be lived, with a smile on your face. RIP Adam - legend is a word that is bandied about too much these days but in this case it is entirely appropriate..
Those are my thoughts!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Its almost been a week now. It still doesn't feel right, I still cry like a baby, and my rage levels have gone through the roof, especially on the roads. This has f*cked me up big style. I just can't believe it even now. I don't know when the full realisation is going to kick in, quite possibly saturday I don't know, but the sooner this bullsh*t, god-awful, dismal excuse for a year ends the better in my opinion.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Can anyone put all the words to "Adam Stansfield, Exeter's number 9" (to the tune of 'the animals went in 2 by 2......' on here? It didn't get sung that much but I loved it and didn't learn the words.
His armband proved he was a red Stanno, Stanno. You'll never walk alone we said Stanno, Stanno. We bought the lad from Hereford, he scores the goals we knew he could. Adam stansfield citys number 9!

(i think)

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Some debate over this because the armband reference was to Torres, who the song was originally for, after he wore a liverpool armband while a Madrid player.

The version I've known is as follows:

"His workrate proved he was a red Stanno, Stanno, He'll always be a Grecian it said STANNO! STANNO! We got the boy from Hereford, he scored the goals we knew he would, ADAM STANSFIELD CITY'S NUMBER NINE

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
How about ..
"He came and proved he was a red, Stanno, Stanno, It felt like coming home he said, Stanno, Stanno, From Elmore, Yeovil, Hereford, he scored the goals we knew he would, ADAM STANSFIELD CITY'S NUMBER NINE"

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
How about ..
"He came and proved he was a red, Stanno, Stanno, It felt like coming home he said, Stanno, Stanno, From Elmore, Yeovil, Hereford, he scored the goals we knew he would, ADAM STANSFIELD CITY'S NUMBER NINE"
Mike that is a superb version [y]

A377 Lad

How about ..
I like it, very good.