• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

Prenti

My deepest condolences and sympathies to Marie and their three sons, family and friends.

City has lost a great player. From the comments of those who knew him, they have lost a wonderful dad, husband and friend.

A tragic loss.

Al

So sad to hear that Adam has died.

Thanks for all the good times. I hope your family can take some comfort from the fact that you gave joy to us all while doing what you loved.

cheers

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was shocked and saddened to hear the news, belatedly.

Some wonderful tributes and words here.

Thank you Stanno, thanks for the memories.

Scotty

I hadn't posted on this thread as I was lost for words. In a way I still am.

As it’s already been said, Adam was a father and a husband, a true gentleman in the football world, there isn't many around anymore and he fully deserves the legendary status he’s got.

For me I've lost a member of my Grecian Family and that feels hard to take.
I went back up to the bank today for the second time, a week later, this time not to cry, look at tributes or sign the book, but to remember what he used to give me on a Saturday afternoon.

Thank you Adam

RIP Adam Stansfield

Scotty Arnold

Argyle_Boy

R.I.P Adam

Argyle_Boy

Donating to the foundation cause im a top bloke ;)

Argyle_Boy

Posted a link on fb

grecIAN Harris

Dunno why, but I felt compelled to reading this thread tonight from start to finish and it still leaves me with that horrible tingling, gutted feeling.

LammieLammieLammie

Yep, and Brian Moore is spot on. I will never ever see football as the most important thing in life again. All the "angst" about signings, or lack of them... It's only a game.

Oli

Yep, and Brian Moore is spot on. I will never ever see football as the most important thing in life again. All the "angst" about signings, or lack of them... It's only a game.
It always was dude. Always was.