• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Accrington Stanley prediction thread

Legohead

Banned
Just looking at another thread started by a Guiseley fan whose team look likely to be playing in the National League North next season. Reminds me that they beat Accrington in the first round of this season’s FA Cup.
I know. At Accrington too after the home game was drawn. Some people say Exeter won't cut it in L1 if we go up you know.........;)

Dubai Grecian

We will win, and win well, 3-0 City

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Forget the narrow victories, Accrington are flying and their confidence will be sky high. Think we'll lose 2:1 but Wycombe will lose to them and Lincoln enabling us to finish above them.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The end of season fixtures always throws some strange results so I wouldn't worry too much about Wycombe and who they have left to play.

Anyway a hard working 1-1 draw against Accy. Sweeney to net.

dsr-burnley

Surely they would anticipate getting more for a game which could clinch promotion to League One for the first time EVER?
It's a matter of finding bodies who want to come. The population is 35,000, which is about the same as Exmouth, and five miles in one direction is Burnley and five miles the other way is Blackburn, and most of the town grew up supporting one of the others because Accrington didn't have a club.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Being Exeter City we will win at Accrington and then lose at home to Chesterfield (facepalm)

LOG

Being Exeter City we will win at Accrington and then lose at home to Chesterfield (facepalm)
I have a very bad memory of playing Chesterfield on a Tuesday night.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Me too, one of my worst birthday presents. But at least Stanno scored...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/7684267.stm

LOG

I don't think i've seen "defending" as comical as i did that night any time before or since.

Colesman Ballz

Going back a bit further, I share Alan Banks' memories of playing Chesterfield in a midweek game ! We beat them 6-1 at home in the penultimate game 1963-4, which set us up for our first ever promotion, with an away draw in the final match.

Boy how I'd love a repeat on Tuesday night ! UTC