• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

25 Years Ago Today

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The first game at SJP ended 2-2 and Robert Fleck who had scored the Norwich equalizer came over to the Cowshed at the end of the game, to applaud the home support. Classy touch !(y)
No it was 1-1. We drew 2-2 with Sunderland.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we had four payers with 10 or more goals that season! Dazza 30 ish, Nevs 15 ish and Jim Mc Nichol, Shaun Taylor.
Richard Dryden and Richard Young must have gone close to double figures too.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
For big numbers and fantastic atmosphere, Lincoln away and Hereford away were fantastic, still have very clear memories

Antony Moxey

The first game at SJP ended 2-2 and Robert Fleck who had scored the Norwich equalizer came over to the Cowshed at the end of the game, to applaud the home support. Classy touch !(y)
No, it was 1-1. Dazza put us 1-0 up then Robert Fleck equalised 42 seconds later. We lost the replay 2-0.

We drew 2-2 with Sunderland at home in the League Cup fourth round after being 2-0 up and them hitting their own post with a back pass from the half way line. Despite Jim McNichol putting us 1-0 up in the replay, we then conceded five before getting a late consolation and losing 5-2.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, it was 1-1. Dazza put us 1-0 up then Robert Fleck equalised 42 seconds later. We lost the replay 2-0.

We drew 2-2 with Sunderland at home in the League Cup fourth round after being 2-0 up and them hitting their own post with a back pass from the half way line. Despite Jim McNichol putting us 1-0 up in the replay, we then conceded five before getting a late consolation and losing 5-2.
Yep we were still celebrating when Fleck equalised. Dazza's goal was a beautifully weighted lob in front of the bank if my memory serves me correct.

Avening Posse

I was sat in the OG that day and was absolutely mortified when Fleck scored, we were so close.....

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Dazza's goal was a lobbed header if such a thing exists? A very strange goal but extremely well taken, very frustrating not to go through Sunderland as Coventry in next round was winnable, and Norwich but especially as we would have had champions Liverpool in round four.

Antony Moxey

Yep we were still celebrating when Fleck equalised. Dazza's goal was a beautifully weighted lob in front of the bank if my memory serves me correct.
No, it was a header. Cross from the OG side in front of the BB, Dazza rose salmon-like level with the back post to guide a header into the top corner. Virtually straight from the kick off they went down the other end and scored.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
6 years ago today, we beat Rotherham 1-0 with a Logan goal and clinched an automatic promotion spot to L1.

[video=youtube;GUZyBn6_iVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUZyBn6_iVc[/video]

Antony Moxey

^ Then start a new thread. This one's about a far better team.