• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

25 Years Ago Today

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wasn't Danny Bailey's rain dance before the Aston Villa FA cup game? Not even sure if it was that season.

To answer Jays question: Our ground was even worse back then. Basically take the roof off the big bank and remove the seats from the Doble and you have the old St James Park.
Unfortunately I'm not that young, I remember the ground well pre-development'.

grecIAN Harris

Carlisle 0-0 & they were the only team we didn't score against that season
Stockport 2-2
Torquay 1-1

???????????
Oh purrrrleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We *****@d them 3-0 at the Park that Christmas. Clive Whitehead had their right back doing pirouettes in the mud. Stockport was only 1-1 and Moomin got the other, Wrexham, who we drew 1-1 with.

Last edited:

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Oh purrrrleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We *****@d them 3-0 at the Park that Christmas. Clive Whitehead had their right back doing pirouettes in the mud. Stockport was only 1-1 and Moomin got the other, Wrexham, who we drew 1-1 with.
in my defence it was 25 years ago, 2 out of 3 teams wasn't bad though :) didn't we Richard them 4-0 at plainmore with a Youngy hattrick too?

grecIAN Harris

No that was the season before. Youngie got a couple if I recall correctly. In 89/90 they manage to keep us to a respectable 2-0 victory for us, Gus MacPherson got one of them.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
No that was the season before. Youngie got a couple if I recall correctly. In 89/90 they manage to keep us to a respectable 2-0 victory for us, Gus MacPherson got one of them.
funny how the mind plays tricks like that :)

paperclip

The other was a header from Shaun Taylor.

citizen

I remember beating the away fan ban at Torquay that season and seeing City hammer Torquay 4-0.Excellent!

Avening Posse

Wasn't Danny Bailey's rain dance before the Aston Villa FA cup game? Not even sure if it was that season.

To answer Jays question: Our ground was even worse back then. Basically take the roof off the big bank and remove the seats from the Doble and you have the old St James Park.
I'm sure you're right Snoop, memory does play tricks on me, but have to say I thought the ground was better, loved standing in the cowshed, and also rather liked that big curvy corner connecting the bank to the cowshed !, I'm a bit of a sucker for "old" grounds

Antony Moxey

The Villa cup game wasn't that season. In the Championship season we went out to Norwich after a replay in the third round.

Colesman Ballz

The Villa cup game wasn't that season. In the Championship season we went out to Norwich after a replay in the third round.
The first game at SJP ended 2-2 and Robert Fleck who had scored the Norwich equalizer came over to the Cowshed at the end of the game, to applaud the home support. Classy touch !(y)