• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

2024 Summer Transfer Window

Grecianpasty

What's rankines contract situation at Chelsea? I have no doubt he's on ground the 10k a week mark.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rankine's skill level and ability to beat a man is out of this world. A fit Mitchell keeps him out the team though. I'd not be disappointed to see Rankine return next season.
A fit Mitchell plays on the other side of the pitch and would have little effect on Dion's selection. It's whether you pick him or Niskanen.

manc grecian

What's rankines contract situation at Chelsea? I have no doubt he's on ground the 10k a week mark.
Expires in 2025

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rankine's skill level and ability to beat a man is out of this world. A fit Mitchell keeps him out the team though. I'd not be disappointed to see Rankine return next season.
I agree but the final product is what ultimately matters and for me one goal and very few assists was hugely disappointing. Much better than Owura Edwards was but didn't deliver what I expected if I'm honest

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree but the final product is what ultimately matters and for me one goal and very few assists was hugely disappointing. Much better than Owura Edwards was but didn't deliver what I expected if I'm honest
I find myself agreeing with this. He hugely exciting, but all too often, he under delivers. He should have crossed for Cole to tap in yesterday, but couldn't deliver the ball across. I would have him back next year though.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
It's Rankine's ability to attract 2 defenders at all times that matters most, imho. We know his end product isn't what it should be, but you can't keep giving him a free run, eventually something will come off. Therefore, he's creating space for others.

Now, with a fit Mitchell... you can't double up on both...

DawlishBouy

First half our wide men Watts and Niskanen were feckin’ useless. Sweeney, Aimson and Jules were totally incapable of playing attacking passes through the press. Rankine tranformed the game. His pace and skill pulled Oxford out of their shape enabling other City players to start offering something going forward. If Dion joins us or another club in L1 next season he will be one of the best players in the division.

grecIAN Harris

It's Rankine's ability to attract 2 defenders at all times that matters most, imho. We know his end product isn't what it should be, but you can't keep giving him a free run, eventually something will come off. Therefore, he's creating space for others.

Now, with a fit Mitchell... you can't double up on both...
You can quite easily as we only play with one ball not two. If one has the ball the other one only needs his usual marker.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder how quick we'll see the retained list? We're normally quite slow, but a number of decisions have already been made so maybe we could see it this week.

denzel

I wonder how quick we'll see the retained list? We're normally quite slow, but a number of decisions have already been made so maybe we could see it this week.
Rovers have said theirs is out tomorrow, I'd expect ours to be similar, want to get it out the way before players go off on holiday