• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Assistant

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Play him in the right position and he might start getting that.
For me that position is the old number 10 position, "inside left", pushing forward from midfield and supporting the attack, but not an out and out striker, of course. He's a goalscoring threat if he can get close enough to the penalty area. IMO he should be worth 8 goals a season. Hoping that Matt T can get the best out of him on a consistent basis, unlike the last 4 seasons with Tisdale.

grecIAN Harris

For me that position is the old number 10 position, "inside left", pushing forward from midfield and supporting the attack, but not an out and out striker, of course. He's a goalscoring threat if he can get close enough to the penalty area. IMO he should be worth 8 goals a season. Hoping that Matt T can get the best out of him on a consistent basis, unlike the last 4 seasons with Tisdale.
Much like the position he played at Lincoln in the play-off 1st leg and he looked more like the Ryan Harley we know and love.

rustle

Equally, he needs other players around him who are on his (superior) wavelength. Play him alongside Tilson and James and he'll struggle, especially when we have a lone big man up front and no pace in the team. Play him with Boatang and a Noble-like figure and have some pace up front / out wide and we'll see a different Harley.
Spot on analysis there. It's a team game and he needs decent players around him who can do something useful when he brings them into play. Bit like Stockley needing decent support......

andrew p long

He says his assistant will be "...someone with experience at a high level of football, but also someone who knows this club as well" - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44356347

?
So the guy appointed in fact has no previous connection with the club. So therefore Kinder wasn't first choice for the role?

Lesson One for Matt Taylor - only announce who you are going to sign when it is certain to happen.

Ashford Grecian

Dear oh dear this sounds dull as ditch water :S

Temporarily Exiled

Dear oh dear this sounds dull as ditch water :S
Thought that was exactly what you wanted from management staff?

IndoMike

Poor old Ashford is suffering greatly with the departure of his beloved Tiswas, hence his sniping has already commenced even before the season has started.
He should realize two things:
1. It ain't Matt Taylor's fault that Tiswas has left.
2. The club wasn't, isn't and never will be called Tisdale City FC.

I think MK Dons also has a fans website which I'm sure Ashford will love, although I am not in any way suggesting he should resign from Exeweb, where his comments are always welcome from this poster. (y)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting appointment although not exciting.

When Tiswas was signed I suppose we had Perryman in the background to lend him support experience and contacts. Be interesting to see what Mr Kinder can offer MT particularly in the way of contacts. I would assume that with this experienced coach the need for a Director of Football has been removed?

grecIAN Harris

Interesting appointment although not exciting.

When Tiswas was signed I suppose we had Perryman in the background to lend him support experience and contacts. Be interesting to see what Mr Kinder can offer MT particularly in the way of contacts. I would assume that with this experienced coach the need for a Director of Football has been removed?
Maybe chocolate eggs with all sorts of surprises to come.

Ashford Grecian

I think MK Dons also has a fans website which I'm sure Ashford will love, although I am not in any way suggesting he should resign from Exeweb, where his comments are always welcome from this poster. (y)
Thanks Mike I think that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me :) I might hang around for a few more weeks then and see how things go... ;)