Matt Taylor Assistant

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully Matt can bring in a quality assistant player manager in the same way as Tis did with Sir Rob.

Well-known Exeweb poster
oakley ,, in place and double good reputation and i presume has 20 years of contacts , bit stupid not to use him really , but hey semantics

Well-known Exeweb poster
, Oakley will join Tisdale at MK.

yeah , that sounds a possibility tis walkin into that job solo aint the best of moves imo. but prefer oakley at city tbh seems a good fit.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully Matt can bring in a quality assistant player manager in the same way as Tis did with Sir Rob.
Rob Edwards came as a player first. His spell as a player coincided with great success.

His spell as assistant manager coincided IIRC with some of the most disappointing years under tis

Experienced assistant for me with good contacts within the game and probably higher coaching badge.

As i semi seriously suggested in Taylor thread even Harry REdknapp as an advisor like Perryman had been in early years for all three previous managers would help i think.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of course, it's vitally important that the new manager has a very good relationship with the new assistant manager, so I imagine if Matt Taylor has a preference then the club will comply with his request. I would guess that Matt will choose someone suitable from his playing days.

Andy Holloway

Experienced assistant for me with good contacts within the game and probably higher coaching badge.

As i semi seriously suggested in Taylor thread even Harry REdknapp as an advisor like Perryman had been in early years for all three previous managers would help i think.
What a good idea, he could also double up as the players 'Tax Adviser' and help them shift as much of their 'hard earned' into false accounts around the world!!!

speedyflo

What about Tillson? Will he remain doing something? I assume Oakley will follow Tisdale if / when he moves to MK Dons.

dontpassback

Wayne Carlisle seems like a good shout.not relevant but I always remember that great cross for logie to score at Plainmoor.

malcolms

Well-known Exeweb poster
Somebody with experience given his inexperience would make sense , Oakley will join Tisdale at MK.
It would be better if Taylor was his own man and cleared out all of PT's former 'advisors'.... You don't need the confusion brought by so many different voices...