• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

CWH-NYC_

Agree. The only thing currently missing is the odd goal or two, from a corner or set piece, that we saw in league two.
For which we need a ball into the box rather than a short one back to Sinasalo.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Proper lower league centre half 👍 doesn’t take chances in possession and when it’s crossed he heads it and when he’s unsure or under pressure he sends it away.

perfect

Would he a massive shame to lose him - he would be a big loss currently.

arguably the best player in the last couple months.

andrew p long

Proper lower league centre half 👍 doesn’t take chances in possession and when it’s crossed he heads it and when he’s unsure or under pressure he sends it away.

perfect

Would he a massive shame to lose him - he would be a big loss currently.

arguably the best player in the last couple months.
Player of the month for December. In with a shout for January...

Bridgy 81

I hope we’re able to persuade Cheick to sign a new contract.
He can be our main defender for the foreseeable future.

tom_ecfc

Player of the month for December. In with a shout for January...
Lets get him another fans POTM award, maybe that’ll get him to sign the contract! 🙏🏼

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regardless of the in's or outs of yesterday substitution his ultimate reaction will I fear have consequences and unless Sweenz is suspended Aimson will now I think become the central CB from now on. Seemed a bit like when Sprkes was subbed and look how that ended. I would rather he signed a new contrct but think he will be off

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regardless of the in's or outs of yesterday substitution his ultimate reaction will I fear have consequences and unless Sweenz is suspended Aimson will now I think become the central CB from now on. Seemed a bit like when Sprkes was subbed and look how that ended. I would rather he signed a new contrct but think he will be off
Reminded me of the Sparkes incident too.

I'd like to think however that Sparkes was binned by Caldwell because of his dreadful performance that day rather than frustration of being subbed.

I liked the reaction from Cheick, he cares.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reminded me of the Sparkes incident too.

I'd like to think however that Sparkes was binned by Caldwell because of his dreadful performance that day rather than frustration of being subbed.

I liked the reaction from Cheick, he cares.
Only Chieck could say whether it was anger at Caldwell or frustration at himself for a self critical analysis of his performance

fred binneys head

One thing I did think when watching the Lincoln goal is how poor Cheick was for that goal. I was there and thought he had an excellent game on the whole, but if you watch the Lincoln goal back on video, Cheick was awful. It was him backing into Jules, then he loses his man, then he just jogs back towards him and watches him score. Having seen that back, I’m not surprised that SGC took him off shortly afterwards.

Exehausted

I would be very surprised if Cheick was going to sign even before his outburst on Saturday. He's been outstanding and despite people saying his distribution is awful he epitomises what a lot of clubs want, a brick out house, meat head, central defender. Yes he's made the odd mistake, but our improved form started when he came back from injury. I'm sure he can get much higher wages elsewhere and he might fancy a move back closer to London. The only thing that might make clubs nervous is how much a tribunal fee might cost, as he will only be 22 at the end of June. If he goes I think he will be a huge loss