• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I loved the way after the x Marquis de Pompey barged him out the way when the said Lord came over to have a word with our starlet Cheick just stood there and stared him out !
Can't wait for bare knuckles fight at SJP in 2 weeks - hopefully Cheick wins by a knockout !

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gas forum about City 'I really liked their dominant number 39'

JGrecian23

He's been brilliant since he has been back in defence (funny that!). Wins everything in the air, anticipates the ball well and is no slouch.

He may not be the best on the ball, but I don't think he's as bad as some make out.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he's good on the ball but knows his limitations. He generally plays it short and easy, but also knows when to clear his lines. What he doesn't attempt is the 40 yard Hollywood passes that both Aimson and Hartridge regularly attempt with mixed success.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he's good on the ball but knows his limitations. He generally plays it short and easy, but also knows when to clear his lines. What he doesn't attempt is the 40 yard Hollywood passes that both Aimson and Hartridge regularly attempt with mixed success.
How can he be good on the ball but yet know his limitations. Surely that means he is limited on the ball ........

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How can he be good on the ball but yet know his limitations. Surely that means he is limited on the ball ........
Yes, badly worded from myself. What I meant is he's good at what he does, rarely gives it away, but doesn't try the spectacular because he knows that's not really his game.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sorry but in League One you are not going to get a "Kaizer" who can do it all, it's a totally unrealistic expectation. You want a centre half, first and foremost, to be a solid uncompromising rock defensively, which is exactly what Cheick has developed into. You can leave it to others to ping 70 yard passes.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sorry but in League One you are not going to get a "Kaizer" who can do it all, it's a totally unrealistic expectation. You want a centre half, first and foremost, to be a solid uncompromising rock defensively, which is exactly what Cheick has developed into. You can leave it to others to ping 70 yard passes.
wrong person for that comment! that's pretty much the reason why i was asking Snoop for clarification. Back in yer hutch for today you are on the naughty step for not reading things properly ;)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, badly worded from myself. What I meant is he's good at what he does, rarely gives it away, but doesn't try the spectacular because he knows that's not really his game.
He is very good at what he does and its no coincidence that our upturn in form was precisely when he came back into his preferred middle of a back three position. He has struggled playing on the left and right CH role in a back three so as you say keep it simple and you get your rewards

Exehausted

He is very good at what he does and its no coincidence that our upturn in form was precisely when he came back into his preferred middle of a back three position. He has struggled playing on the left and right CH role in a back three so as you say keep it simple and you get your rewards
I think his confidence in his first touch and ability to go around players has improved enormously as well since his return. He now regularly turns away from players before making a simple pass. Before it was often safety first and just boot it.