• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

MK Dons versus Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great result and long periods in the second half where we looked dominant (even without the ball). Not sure if anyone has covered this already but the radio Devon commentary on ifollow kept saying how great the ground was…. however the MK pitch looked rubbish! I’ve seen better pitches at Flowerpot - Another reminder of the progress our little club has made in recent times.
I remember the commentator remarking how empty the stadium looked with 6,000 in a 30,000 capacity stadium.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul
Yes but no but, depending very much so on the comedian with the whistle - I give you ECFC v FGR as an example,

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jevani in the EFL League 1 team of the week

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes but no but, depending very much so on the comedian with the whistle - I give you ECFC v FGR as an example,
We all know the standard of refereeing in League 1 and 2 is fairly poor. Totally agree with Jinx when he says that decisions can be made based on decisions made previously in a game, this happens at Premier League level right down to Devon and Exeter division 8. If a referee makes a dubious call in favour of one side, it's unlikely he'll do it again in their favour if the situation arises. They'll often try and 'even it up' too, so if that incident happened in the other penalty area I think he would have given it.

Ex-ciderrr

Good result, I felt we were abit sloppy 1st half somewhat lucky that MK were wasteful with chances they had but 2nd half we did turn on the gas and were well in control and didn’t really look like losing at all. Was impressed with Harper given he hadn’t featured for months definitely something for him to build on indeed. Brown a cut above yet again and Nombe was tireless up top. Great support from city again and I enjoyed the day out. UTC

Colesman Ballz

Watching this just makes me wonder how long Franchise FC can continue with this dismal project.

The club must be absolutely haemorrhaging money paying to maintain that stadium with nobody inside it. And how are you going to sustain this new fan base by being relegated back to the bottom tier, with no atmosphere in your ground, once again. Two decades in and they've got nowhere, essentially.

I would bloody love for Winkelman to call time on this whole sorry chapter.
Perhaps Luton would be interested in taking over. They have been looking to move from Kenilworth Rd for decades ? Iirc at one stage (pre FC Franchise) they were looking at MK as a possible option for a new stadium. Consign MKD to the history books at the same time ! :)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps Luton would be interested in taking over. They have been looking to move from Kenilworth Rd for decades ? Iirc at one stage (pre FC Franchise) they were looking at MK as a possible option for a new stadium. Consign MKD to the history books at the same time ! :)
They're moving into their own new ground next season I think.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or maybe not

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Managed to get a copy of my friends vid of the 2nd half penalty shout. It's a bit jerky, but you get the idea. He does go down easily, but there is cynical contact inside the box. WC VAR would give it. Definite infringement and pen in my book. Thoughts?

View attachment 10885
Not a pen for me. If that had been boot on the other foot I suspect 99 out of 100 would be screaming merry hell/you cheating xxxxxx. Just nowhere near enough to warrant a pen imo

Mr Jinx

They're moving into their own new ground next season I think.
Sad will be the day when I can no longer go to Kenilworth Road.

One can't deny it's a crumbling ruin from yesteryear. But would I take its atmosphere over a library like MK Don's stadium? Every time.