• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday thread 14/08/2021 3pm KO

herts_bantam

I told you!

CraigECFC

Grounds, Sparkes & Nigel all out on Tuesday. Going to be a really struggle to fill a full squad. At least we have no choice but to sign some players as Matt said. Just hope they aren’t panic signings and have some quality.

herts_bantam

Grounds, Sparkes & Nigel all out on Tuesday. Going to be a really struggle to fill a full squad. At least we have no choice but to sign some players as Matt said. Just hope they aren’t panic signings and have some quality.
I said you would struggle away.. Not being smart, just observations.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having witnessed all of that and also seen lots of Orient v City games. I can assure you this was the worst performance there since we got beat 5 0 in the early 90s I think it was. A truly gutless performance with little obvious structure and no plan.
And yes, I was there..

grecIAN Harris

In the 80s and 90s we weren't expecting too much success, and as far as I recall the managers didn't promise 'the best transfer window' ever.
Still, there's no papering over the cracks after today and we have another game on Tuesday to start on the improvements.
No, we had Gerry Francis promising to take us up out of this division (Division3) and he did take us out of Division 3............... into Division 4 :rolleyes:

herts_bantam

No, we had Gerry Francis promising to take us up out of this division (Division3) and he did take us out of Division 3............... into Division 4 :rolleyes:
Realism at last!

grecIAN Harris

With Sparkes (obviously with a broken collar bone) and Nige being out for some time. We've all said we need more faces in and we're going to get them as Taylor has been backed into a corner where he has absolutely no other option.

CityTillIDie

These are a bad idea.
Love to see it

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The concern is that even with a couple of more players we still are so far off being competitive.

If things don't rapidly change then the pressure that was previously put on Tisdale, which resulted in him having a tantrum and leaving, should also be applied to Matt Taylor.

It's one result and one terrible performance so let's give MT an opportunity to put it right, but another couple of performances of this level and MT needs some pressure and targets to achieve from board level and if he can't achieve them he gets the axe.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Love to see it
Not when I'm that close!