• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window Ins Outs And Rumours

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Imagine if all the J Wannell's had made it through the academy to the first. What japes that would have caused.
Still fondly remember this sung at one of our games.
"Two 'L's in Wannell, there's only two 'L's in Wannell ....."

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Still fondly remember this sung at one of our games.
"Two 'L's in Wannell, there's only two 'L's in Wannell ....."
Didn't we also sing something like "One J Wannell, there's only two J Wannells, three J Wannells..."

Spoonz Red E

Didn't we also sing something like "One J Wannell, there's only two J Wannells, three J Wannells..."
That one too (y)

Spoonz Red E

Were those 'BD' eyes? :cool:

Reactions: CC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are we actually going to come out of this January stronger than we went into it? Are there any rumours about any of our players being snapped up? If not, has it ever happened before that we have had a January like that?
Still half the month left so plenty of time for someone to tempt Randell or Archie, although there doesn’t seem much hint of that happening yet.

Agree, though, that if no-one else leaves and the new boy is as good as his reputation suggests our squad is looking in pretty good shape.

Rosencrantz

I count 20 non-injured/match-fit, non-loaned players. The 20 includes Chrisene. I think Holmes and Fisher will be back soon. I think we will need a fair few players in the summer.
That will depend on how many of the youngsters are graduated to the first team following Ben and Joel as well as how many players get released or sold. I don't think it will be much more than usual unless there is a real exodus.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Presume Randall will now go back on loan. Is Dodd still around (not injured) or has he gone on loan?
Matt Taylor has confirmed that Joel is not going out on loan and that he wants to keep Jayden.

IndoMike

Matt Taylor has confirmed that Joel is not going out on loan and that he wants to keep Jayden.
We lacked a left-sided player and he got a good one, seemingly. Think he's right not to bring in anyone else. Job done effectively by Matt, once again

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We lacked a left-sided player and he got a good one, seemingly. Think he's right not to bring in anyone else. Job done effectively by Matt, once again
Matt Taylor also said in one of the interviews that Brennan was our first-choice to replace Jack so we've done well to sign him. As for further changes to the squad the only one I can see is Ben Seymour going out loan if we feel Alex Fisher is fully-fit.

IndoMike

Matt Taylor also said in one of the interviews that Brennan was our first-choice to replace Jack so we've done well to sign him. As for further changes to the squad the only one I can see is Ben Seymour going out loan if we feel Alex Fisher is fully-fit.
That's good to hear.
Yep, Ben not really had the chance to shine much so far.
Matt seems really happy with the squad now