• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window Ins Outs And Rumours

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I find that difficult to believe...
Everything comes to he who waits ;)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor also said in one of the interviews that Brennan was our first-choice to replace Jack so we've done well to sign him. As for further changes to the squad the only one I can see is Ben Seymour going out loan if we feel Alex Fisher is fully-fit.
I doubt if this will happen (any news on the Fish?) - we may need him.

But if Seymour were to go on loan I hope it would be as a minimum at Conference level. No point him playing any lower any more.

Red Devon

Some won’t like it but we still need a goal scorer.....everything else is in place defence, midfield but strikers NO ....time is running out we still need someone to put the ball in the net to get us over the line we’ll never get a better opportunity than this to go up let’s not blow it...go on MT knock Taggys door down and get what we need!!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some won’t like it but we still need a goal scorer.....everything else is in place defence, midfield but strikers NO ....time is running out we still need someone to put the ball in the net to get us over the line we’ll never get a better opportunity than this to go up let’s not blow it...go on MT knock Taggys door down and get what we need!!
I would politely suggest giving the goal scorer we have more than one game before writing him off and demanding he is replaced by someone else. As Matt Taylor said in his interview the issue was with the service to the strikers, and in particularly to Nicky Ajose. I saw enough from him today to suggest that once he develops that understanding with the rest of the team he can scores goals for us.

IndoMike

I would politely suggest giving the goal scorer we have more than one game before writing him off and demanding he is replaced by someone else. As Matt Taylor said in his interview the issue was with the service to the strikers, and in particularly to Nicky Ajose. I saw enough from him today to suggest that once he develops that understanding with the rest of the team he can scores goals for us.
Yep, save the money for when we get into Div 1, where I think we'll definitely need to strengthen in attack.

Banksy

Thanks SEA Grecian , good to know that Ajose is starting to click and could be the answer to our problems. I can see where Red Devon is coming from in part , I suppose yesterday’s result was a prime example , miserly defence ( look at our record on goals conceded in recent months ) , just need someone to put these teams to death.Sadly , now I can’t watch first hand I’m missing a lot of this , but it must be a frustrating nail biting experienceto some regular attendees.
Hopefully Ajose is the man to do the job. UTC!

grecIAN Harris

Thanks SEA Grecian , good to know that Ajose is starting to click and could be the answer to our problems. I can see where Red Devon is coming from in part , I suppose yesterday’s result was a prime example , miserly defence ( look at our record on goals conceded in recent months ) , just need someone to put these teams to death.Sadly , now I can’t watch first hand I’m missing a lot of this , but it must be a frustrating nail biting experienceto some regular attendees.
Hopefully Ajose is the man to do the job. UTC!
This all goes hand in hand with what I've been saying about playing Lee Martin up front. A lot of the lack of goals is down lack of ability and understanding in his positioning as a striker. When you watch Ajose you could see he knew where he needed to be and the sort of run required to get him there. He was always awareof where Bowman was and was always within striking distance of him when the ball was played into him. At the moment they have a lack of understanding but that will come. All this could, and was by me, said of Ben Seymour which is why I was continually calling for him to start. He would have come good whilst Ajose was out just as Ajose will now.

Red Devon

Where did I mention Ajose in my post if you look through the Nicky Ajose thread you’ll see I have made several comments in his favour. I also thought he had a decent game yesterday...my general feeling all season has been that our strikers haven’t made the most of the opportunities they have had Bowman being a prime example again yesterday.

budegrecian

Watching Ajose's movement in the first half, from the BB, was like watching Cureton all over again. Unfortunately nobody yesterday was able to pick him out with that killer pass, in the way Harley did for Cureton. I think once the likes of Nicky Law gets used to his runs & starts to pick him out goals will come.

ryancooper327

With the risk of ‘flagging’ a dead horse. Any news of any incomings or outgoings? As good as our squad is, position rivals are strengthening. I know we are bound by £ and others seem to be able to spend however they wish but could we see an outgoing to fund an incoming?