• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Cambridge Utd FA Cup 1st round replay Official Match Day Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
More from the Fishmonger here, he genuinely seems like a good bloke who is a real team player.

He does indeed seem like a good bloke. I like him and hope he gets a lot more game time. He deserves a proper run in the side to show what he can do.

geoffwp

It sounded like frustration to be fair; he basically said the fans need to get behind the team in tight games such as this & that there's no need for silly chanting. I 'm guessing he's referring to the 'we've had a shot, we've had a shot' chants, in the second half.
The chant was mentioned by the radio cambridge commentators who said at the time that it had been city's first shot. I would have thought it was more wry humour, a bit of irony and not something too critical of the team. Chill Matt.

IndoMike

First time I've heard Matt Taylor voice criticism of the fans, I think.
To be fair to Matt, he just asked the fans to stick by the team in difficult times. He didn't mention silly chants and didn't make a big deal of it.

IndoMike

Non-post

IndoMike

First time I've heard Matt Taylor voice criticism of the fans, I think.
I apologize. I saw another article and Matt did go on a bit about the chants.
So you and Geoff are right : chill out, Matt

Rosencrantz

The chant was mentioned by the radio cambridge commentators who said at the time that it had been city's first shot. I would have thought it was more wry humour, a bit of irony and not something too critical of the team. Chill Matt.
Did the Cambridge commentary bring up how many attempts Cambridge made? Stats say 2 attempts (struggling to remember one of them, bobbling shot just wide on 77 mins I remember), none on target. Across two games that makes for 4 attempts, 1 on target 😲. And yes we can do better, but crikey!

denzel

grecIAN Harris

He certainly was not happy with that stupid chant which would not have helped the players in anyway. His reaction when we scored showed exactly what he thought of it
I've not been too happy with what I've seen in the last 180 minutes. Quite frankly the chant was warranted last night. Even then it was little more than sarcasm rather than having a pop.

denzel

Interesting that Fisher praised the fans where MT didn't.
Given that Hartlepool scored 4 at Yeovil I doubt they will come here to frustrate us.

tavyred

Enjoyed the game last night. We found a way to win against a team seemingly happy to keep it tight and win by way of a breakaway goal or on penalties after extra time. I personally quite like the way we keep the ball and probe for openings, rather that than be watching a team of lumpen footballers just hoofing the ball forward at every opportunity. Echo the point about 5 of our own on the pitch at the end too, great to see.