• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

ex_user1234

Resigned
Regarding the trust. I've just seen the trust prize advent calendar thingy on the OS. What an innovative and great idea! These are the types of little things that i feel are important to show the club is trying to give a bit back. It's the little things that make all the difference and more of this kind of innovative and outside the box thinking please from whoever gets voted in! It does matter and it does make a difference IMO.
Glad you like it. I was at the small OWG meeting last month where it was thought up. I can't remember who exactly came up with the idea - it was more of a group brainstorm if I remember. Nice to see the idea out in the wild anyway. Viva the Trust! Ed

Legohead

Banned
Thanks ed. It's a really fantastic idea so well done you and the rest for that. It's these kinds of innovative ideas and people like you actually putting the effort in to keep coming up with quirky stuff like this that keeps a lot of fans feeling involved with the football club. It's often the little things that make a big difference and the little things are often what many other clubs see no value in which i believe also typically represents the general lack of motivation endemic within many clubs of our size.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
A bit disappointing that no one has replied to this. Sadly it doesn't look like there is a possibility having read the literature.
Thanks for the reply. Oh well, never mind. I would have voted for Yas as keen on her comments on here and enthusiasm for doing more to tap into the younger and student markets through good practical ideas. The Trust subs are pretty small per annum overall, and her suggestions could be helped along pretty easily within available resources in my view

Red Bill

My final on this;

My point is/was that Ed should have waited until Exeweb started the threads, as it did shortly afterwards and correctly so, to allow ALL candidates the equal opportunity to post their manifestos. The fact that he, using his 'superior' knowledge of the internet, jumped the gun by a few days, is my complaint. Not all the candidates run their lives around Exeweb.
I think it's time to accept you're in a minority of one here. The rules say you can campaign on any platform you wish as long as you tell the returning officer which ones.
Out of interest, which way did you vote when I put forward the motion to allow both campaigning on online platforms and candidate's to produce printed electioneering material?

AL_Yates

All I have read a few pages linked to flyer discussions and the election. One of the areas of interest to me is electoral reform, I have suggested we introduce secure electronic voting to be more inclusive. This is on my first page of my thread, I believe. With regards to handing out leaflets, the Trust electoral procedures could be adjusted to print a proactive nominees manifesto document to be given out of the ground, or in the programme. I decided personally not print leaflets to be eco-friendly and the Trust guidance made me nervous to do it to be honest. I also have a young family at the games, I cannot personally hand out flyers, while looking after the kids. I am however delighted other candidates (Richard) have been proactive, we had a great discussion on Saturday in the Spot about the election!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
@AL_Yates , do I remember you handing out a flyer at an Aldershot game, on the East Bank, may seasons ago?

iscalad

The problem with handing out flyers, is how do you know who's a Trust member

AL_Yates

@AL_Yates , do I remember you handing out a flyer at an Aldershot game, on the East Bank, may seasons ago?
In the early days of the Trust I handed out many many flyers. Walsall away in the FACUP springs to mind I photocopied 400 leaflets at my old work and handed them out on my own - happy memories! (we lost 4 nil I think) I also have posted many letters and PR links in fanzines in the early days. I found one from the year 2000 only last week while looking for the share register of the club from the year 2000. I recall many games doing this and shaking buckets eg. Woking. Thanks for reminding me of those times.

IndoMike

Hi Mike. If I get voted on I won't disappear. Of course I won't post anywhere near as regularly, but I won't disappear. I think it's important that Exeweb, as a fan's forum, has a voice at the Trust and Club. In fact I'd like to see how we can all help bring the next generation of City fans onto Exeweb. They all link together. The stronger the Trust, the stronger the Club, the stronger Exeweb, the stronger Red Legion, and so on, in a virtuous circle. I'd also add into that Exeter City Council, the University and College, to add to the great work the CCT and Junior Grecians do in the Exeter community and at local schools. We all should be working together to paint Exeter red.
Hello Ed,
I was just trying to ease Andy's pain :)
It seems to me that City already do a great deal of work in the community, which is to be praised highly. But I guess we can always do more.
IMO it's just a question of raising City's profile and bringing in some extra funds.
City has a lot of competition from the Chiefs and all the other forms of entertainment. If we could average 5 - 5.5k fans per match it would help. Regarding increasing Trust membership, increasing the numbers will be your task, if elected.
You will need to be creative. Hope you're successful.

IndoMike

Thanks for the reply. Oh well, never mind. I would have voted for Yas as keen on her comments on here and enthusiasm for doing more to tap into the younger and student markets through good practical ideas. The Trust subs are pretty small per annum overall, and her suggestions could be helped along pretty easily within available resources in my view
You'd think you could vote by proxy. Or a PM / email (which is clearly from you) to the election committee.Don't think the Russkies would be tampering with that. You shouldn't be disenfranchised.