• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust Elections 2019

ex_user1234

Resigned
It is NOW the correct place, once ALL the candidates have a level playing field to post their manifestos and all are now treated equally, but you jumped the gun by trying to steal a march on the rest. If you do that to get yourself elected what will you stoop to once, or if, you do get elected! My choice is still out of 7!
Hi Andy. We'll have to agree to disagree. My view is I showed initiative, something the Trust and Club could do with more of, whilst your view is I jumped the gun and created an unfair advantage. So that we can move forward, let's say there's merit in both positions and draw a line under it. I looked you up online and the work you've done on the memorial garden is brilliant. My company Memoria is a sponsor at the Club so perhaps we could even work together in the future? Ed

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I never mentioned Richard's leaflet so i have no idea why you did, unless you''re trying to stir it!
I'm not trying to stir anything, simply pointing out that your position doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. As far as I'm concerned, initiative - be that in engaging via ExeWeb or producing an election leaflet - is a quality I'd welcome in anyone standing for election.

Andy_H

I'm not trying to stir anything, simply pointing out that your position doesn't stand up to any scrutiny. As far as I'm concerned, initiative - be that in engaging via ExeWeb or producing an election leaflet - is a quality I'd welcome in anyone standing for election.
My final on this;

My point is/was that Ed should have waited until Exeweb started the threads, as it did shortly afterwards and correctly so, to allow ALL candidates the equal opportunity to post their manifestos. The fact that he, using his 'superior' knowledge of the internet, jumped the gun by a few days, is my complaint. Not all the candidates run their lives around Exeweb.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have filled in the ballot paper. A bit disappointed that this arrived after the Argyle game and there is no match before the deadline so I will have to go to town and buy a stamp for the first time since 2003.
Hope others aren't put off by the extra effort

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does anybody know if people living abroad can do it all by email or online this time?. Last time you couldn't, and even with Pete Martin trying to help me, I couldn't get my form back in the timescale ?
A bit disappointing that no one has replied to this. Sadly it doesn't look like there is a possibility having read the literature.

ex_user1234

Resigned
My final on this;

My point is/was that Ed should have waited until Exeweb started the threads, as it did shortly afterwards and correctly so, to allow ALL candidates the equal opportunity to post their manifestos. The fact that he, using his 'superior' knowledge of the internet, jumped the gun by a few days, is my complaint. Not all the candidates run their lives around Exeweb.
"[Ed] has a 'superior' knowledge of the Internet."

Can I use that as a testimonial?! Just joking!! 😊

ex_user1234

Resigned
Have filled in the ballot paper. A bit disappointed that this arrived after the Argyle game and there is no match before the deadline so I will have to go to town and buy a stamp for the first time since 2003.
Loads of people will be put off.

Two friends I know who are Trust members said they won't be sending back the ballot papers as they can't be bothered to buy a stamp and post the form.

Yes, they're lazy but most of us humans are lazy.

ex_user1234

Resigned
On the other hand, Andy, you could say that he was showing some initiative by being the first to campaign on Exeweb.
Anyway, I guess they'll all disappear when the election is over, so you can take it easy then. 😉
I would vote for the candidates who seem to be approachable, humble, flexible and good team players. Technically they're all good
Hi Mike. If I get voted on I won't disappear. Of course I won't post anywhere near as regularly, but I won't disappear. I think it's important that Exeweb, as a fan's forum, has a voice at the Trust and Club. In fact I'd like to see how we can all help bring the next generation of City fans onto Exeweb. They all link together. The stronger the Trust, the stronger the Club, the stronger Exeweb, the stronger Red Legion, and so on, in a virtuous circle. I'd also add into that Exeter City Council, the University and College, to add to the great work the CCT and Junior Grecians do in the Exeter community and at local schools. We all should be working together to paint Exeter red.

Legohead

Banned
It has been very interesting to read
Haha, i thought of this when i got home from my weekend in Exeter when i saw the ballot papers had arrived. In my case however, a 1st class stamp is considerably cheaper than a 500 mile round trip to drop it off. :p

Legohead

Banned
Regarding the trust. I've just seen the trust prize advent calendar thingy on the OS. What an innovative and great idea! These are the types of little things that i feel are important to show the club is trying to give a bit back. It's the little things that make all the difference and more of this kind of innovative and outside the box thinking please from whoever gets voted in! It does matter and it does make a difference IMO.