• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Arguable that we have been playing an awful lot of "hoof ball" up to Stockley in recent months. The Swindon game was notably different with lots more play on the ground and quick passing in and around the box which paid dividends with a fabulous strike from Collins - but make no mistake had Stockley been on the pitch, the play would have been in the air to the centre, and not on the floor working space on the left flank.
I think last season,whether it was because of personnel or conditions, we definitely played a more direct game. This year I feel that we have mixed up our style lot more. Yes, we have tried to hit Stockley with long balls but we have also varied this with some outstanding passing moves. I would say there was more quick passing around the box at the Oldham game when we still had Stockley than there was at Swindon, where Pym was primarily still kicking long and the full backs were still hitting balls into the channels for players to chase on to.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think last season,whether it was because of personnel or conditions, we definitely played a more direct game. This year I feel that we have mixed up our style lot more. Yes, we have tried to hit Stockley with long balls but we have also varied this with some outstanding passing moves. I would say there was more quick passing around the box at the Oldham game when we still had Stockley than there was at Swindon, where Pym was primarily still kicking long and the full backs were still hitting balls into the channels for players to chase on to.
Until the last couple of games we have played more hoof ball this year.

Andy Holloway

So now he has signed for us we'd better start calling him by his proper name.

Is it BOWMAN, as in a ship's BOW, or is it BOWMAN as in Robin Hood used a BOW & arrow?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm pretty sure it is as in Robin Hood archer
Some additional Information for your perusal
1)The name Bowman is associated with the English and Scots, meaning, "one who was an archer; one who made bows."
2)The name Bowman comes from the Gaelic occupation name of cattle man Bo being the Gaelic name for'cow'.
3)The name Bowman is an anglicized version of the Baumann surname, pronounced the same. Baumann is of German origin, meaning builder or construction.

Temporarily Exiled

I'm pretty sure it is as in Robin Hood archer
Some additional Information for your perusal
1)The name Bowman is associated with the English and Scots, meaning, "one who was an archer; one who made bows."
2)The name Bowman comes from the Gaelic occupation name of cattle man Bo being the Gaelic name for'cow'.
3)The name Bowman is an anglicized version of the Baumann surname, pronounced the same. Baumann is of German origin, meaning builder or construction.
So it's Bow-and-arrow-man or Cow-man.

IndoMike

So it's Bow-and-arrow-man or Cow-man.
I'm betting on the archer, not the cowboy.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Bowman and Forte we should be strong defensively.

IndoMike

With Bowman and Forte we should be strong defensively.
We're also gonna sign Hulk from Brazil and Armstrong from Soton. Anyone got any more ideas to strengthen our team?

Temporarily Exiled

We're also gonna sign Hulk from Brazil and Armstrong from Soton. Anyone got any more ideas to strengthen our team?
Fans won't be happy at this one, but ECFC is moving while we move the camera gantry. We'll be having a temporary ground-share with Doncaster, up at the Keepmoat Stadium.

JayPob94

Have a lot of friends up this way who know the football very well (I dont because its awful!!)

The Well fans absolutely loved him, always put in a shift and as long as he gives 100% every game theres not much more Id ask from a player.
One of the guys seemed to think he was better in Scotland than Stockley, but Aberdeen never once built their team around Jayden whereas we did.