• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Penny Drops.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
This does question the company you keep :p
I think you have a point but despite these strange habits they are both Proper Chaps.

Would a dodgy character who lurks in Stadium Way brandishing a publication a few times a season come into it too ? :p

Swanaldo

Had the fellow drunk from the finger bowl it would not have been surprising.
Perhaps he should remember this simple rhyme that my mother taught me.

Dog, finger and toilet,
These are the bowls best avoided.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dimpsy is actually dialect and most people don't understand it.

"Where you to?" is also not correct English and can confuse people.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
To get into and out of work this weekend I have to drive past the entrance to Donington Park which is ram-packed with music fans attending the Download Festival. The penny has dropped.

I am a muggle.

Swanaldo

Listening to the radio yesterday, I couldn't work out why the M.D. of ALDI had been arrested in connection with the VW emissions scandal...

Swanaldo

Donington Park which is ram-packed with music fans attending the Download Festival.
Poor rebranding IMO. At least you knew what you were getting when it was called Monsters of Rock.

I only attended once. Skid Row, Therapy?, White Zombie, Machine Head, Slayer and Metallica in one afternoon/evening was a day I won't forget in a hurry. Such was the nature of the 'mosh pit' during Slayer's set that you would be lifted off your feet by the press of bodies around you and deposited a dozen feet away from your initial position. I've never known anything like it.

Swanaldo

For years I thought the two teams on University Challenge were actually sitting in a double-decker format.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
I learnt from an annoying radio ad that what i thought was pronounced peck-or-rama is actually peek-or-rama. You live and learn.

fred binneys head

For years I thought the two teams on University Challenge were actually sitting in a double-decker format.
Ha ha - me too!

StroudGrecian

Maybe this confused you?