• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations to wycombe

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Congratulations to the Wycombe fans for their club's success and wish them well in Div 1.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
yep , they epitomize EVERYTHING i dislike in lower lge football. the only plus in them going up is us not playing them.
What successful?

Nightmare

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Congratulations to a team who average 8 minutes a game added time. Why? Cheating???? Won't last for ever. They will be back down very soon.
Very mature - proper chaps congratulate the opposition don’t you know

Max Payne 2

Wycombe deserve it. i hope they get all 6 points against Argyle next year. As for us I fear more heartbreak in the playoffs. Not a given we even make Wembley.

Banksy

Wycombe deserve it. i hope they get all 6 points against Argyle next year. As for us I fear more heartbreak in the playoffs. Not a given we even make Wembley.
Not if the greenies win the playoffs and reach the Championship.:$ Then the #### will hit the fan on here especially if we don't.Perhaps we'll be able to have a 'Congratulations to Plymouth 'thread though!

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's pretty ironic that some appear keen to slate other clubs and their methods yet we have a manager who has told fans (often those who have travelled a fair distance) to %&£K off etc when he hasn't liked what has been said.

At the end of the day we are no better than Wycombe.

The fact of the matter is they have been promoted and their manager has delivered, will ours ?

Terryhall

Across a given game of 90 (or 97?) minutes, I'd likely find it hard to congratulate Wycombe for winning given that I'm not a fan of their typical playing style.

But over an entire season, you have to find different ways to beat different opponents and although you may have one consistent plan, trying to play one way in all circumstances doesn't usually leave you in the automatic promotion places.

So overall I can agree with those who have less than positive things to say about Wycombe's time wasting tactics; but I also agree with those who say that the table doesn't lie and they are 3rd because they did better than we did over the full season, so fair play to them and congratulations on a deserved promotion.

Our attention now turns to getting a good result in the final league game and using last years experience to deliver in the playoffs.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Great bit of trolling in the OP, haven't seen many threads congratulating promoted rivals before!

As much as I despise them, they have earned enough points to gain promotion, fair play* to them.

*Fair play being an expression rather than an opinion...!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
As much as I despise them, they have earned enough points to gain promotion, fair play* to them....!
This. "Despise" is a bit too strong a word but it should be noted they have also scored 78 goals, 15 more than us, only Luton have got more. That said, although I still hope we will get promotion via the playoffs, I shan't be that sorry if we don't play them next season.

IndoMike

This. "Despise" is a bit too strong a word but it should be noted they have also scored 78 goals, 15 more than us, only Luton have got more. That said, although I still hope we will get promotion via the playoffs, I shan't be that sorry if we don't play them next season.
Agree with that