• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations to wycombe

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great bit of trolling in the OP, haven't seen many threads congratulating promoted rivals before!

As much as I despise them, they have earned enough points to gain promotion, fair play* to them.

*Fair play being an expression rather than an opinion...!
That's about as gracious as @HackneyAbbott congratulating Amber Rudd on an early retirement..............

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's about as gracious as @HackneyAbbott congratulating Amber Rudd on an early retirement..............
I tried, really I did! :)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not a fan of their style of play but pretty or not it has got results. Also have to admit to having a sneaking regard for Ainsworth. He comes over as an uncomplicated yet passionate individual who wears his heart on his sleeve and I would be quite happy to see him in the home “dug out” here at SJP.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Great bit of trolling in the OP, haven't seen many threads congratulating promoted rivals before!

As much as I despise them, they have earned enough points to gain promotion, fair play* to them.

*Fair play being an expression rather than an opinion...!
Appreciate you said many, however believe there was recently a thread to congratulate Accrington.

I would point out as well that if no one had replied to my op the thread would have swiftly disappeared out of sight.

Well-known Exeweb poster
What successful?

Nightmare
.. its a style of football aimed at one dimensional morons.

edit ... seems it works...

Last edited:

tavyred

Not a fan of their style of play but pretty or not it has got results. Also have to admit to having a sneaking regard for Ainsworth. He comes over as an uncomplicated yet passionate individual who wears his heart on his sleeve and I would be quite happy to see him in the home “dug out” here at SJP.
I personally wouldn't go that far, but as we've seen, in a two or three game face off with the cerebral Tisdale and this City team, there was only going to be one winner.
Well done Ainsworth and Wycombe.