• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v Yeovil Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2. 13 March 2018

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely LDNGrecian's point is that over our last 10 games we are at playoff level.
Maybe but for how much longer if we continue to fail to achieve the basic i.e. put the ball into the onion bag? We cannot expect Pym to keep clean sheets for the rest of the season even then I think we will need to amass a minimum of 14 more points to have any chance of finishing in the playoffs.

LDNGrecian

Maybe but for how much longer if we continue to fail to achieve the basic i.e. put the ball into the onion bag? We cannot expect Pym to keep clean sheets for the rest of the season even then I think we will need to amass a minimum of 14 more points to have any chance of finishing in the playoffs.

Accrington 25 points from last 10 league games
Wycombe 20 points from last 10 league games
Mansfield 19 points from last 10 league games
City 18 points from last 10 league games
Luton 16 points from last 10 league games
Notts County 14 points from last 10 league games
Coventry 14 points from last 10 league games
Lincoln 14 points from last 10 league games

Why do you consider that we are in such a bad position in regards to form or league position?

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unless the manager can find a way of supplying a steady stream of 'on a plate' chances to Stockley
A couple of things that are surely in Chapter One of the coaching manual; build-up play, passing to feet and through balls. But no, not for Tisdale these tried and tested methods, let's try the Hollywood speculative pass from our own half every time we win possession. (facepalm)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Accrington 25 points from last 10 league games
Wycombe 20 points from last 10 league games
Mansfield 19 points from last 10 league games
City 18 points from last 10 league games
Luton 16 points from last 10 league games
Notts County 14 points from last 10 league games
Coventry 14 points from last 10 league games
Lincoln 14 points from last 10 league games

Why do you consider that we are in such a bad position in regards to form or league position?
The stats above go to show this is a poor division and apart from Accrington’s current run, ours at start of the season and Luton‘s and Notts County’s in mid season, no team has shown any real consistency. We have by hook or by crook managed to stay in the reckoning simply because the performances of those around us have been nothing to write home about.

However in my view this can only go on for so long before others hit some form and if and when that happens we are going to have to play a darn sight better than we have been to stay in the mix. Anything can still happen, although the autos would seem increasingly unlikely but if we are to finish in the playoffs then we have to start putting the ball in the net regularly whilst at the same time hoping that others continue to stutter as they have been.

iscalad

The stats above go to show this is a poor division and apart from Accrington’s current run, ours at start of the season and Luton‘s and Notts County’s in mid season, no team has shown any real consistency. We have by hook or by crook managed to stay in the reckoning simply because the performances of those around us have been nothing to write home about.

However in my view this can only go on for so long before others hit some form and if and when that happens we are going to have to play a darn sight better than we have been to stay in the mix. Anything can still happen, although the autos would seem increasingly unlikely but if we are to finish in the playoffs then we have to start putting the ball in the net regularly whilst at the same time hoping that others continue to stutter as they have been.
It's L2, what else do you expect? People post this every season.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's L2, what else do you expect? People post this every season.
yep, absolutely. we've just got to settle a bit, show a little patience and our form WILL pick up as it did last season and EVERY OTHER SEASON WHEN WEVE HAD A DECENT TEAM, AND NOW WE'VE GOT A DECENT SQUAD,, SO.. best the moaners have a sharp little think b4
they post the boring thoughtless repetitive crap

LOG

yep, absolutely. we've just got to settle a bit, show a little patience and our form WILL pick up as it did last season and EVERY OTHER SEASON WHEN WEVE HAD A DECENT TEAM, AND NOW WE'VE GOT A DECENT SQUAD,, SO.. best the moaners have a sharp little think b4
It's the middle of March. How much patience have we got to show?

IndoMike

I admire your loyalty to Tis and the team, but just to tell you we love City as well, you know : if we didn't we wouldn't care or post, would we? Is discussing how the team perform, tactics, manager decisions etc boring, thoughtless repetitive cr*p? if it is, I suggest the owners of Exeweb close it down right away, cos it's the main topic of conversation (except for silly little things like sausages, planks, ponds etc.). We don't need the sharp little think so it's not "best". thank you very much. Now stop moaning !!

IndoMike

It's the middle of March. How much patience have we got to show?
Limitless, Log...

Gordon Dale

Some interesting posts . Although I'm sure all posters genuinely do really care and want to see the grecians promoted ( otherwise why bother to post at all ?) ....the really worrying factor for me is what would happen next season if we did reach League 1 .....

Doubtless 'the maestro' would still be pencilling in the likes of Woodman and a few other mind numbing players .

However ...if JMT is out for the rest of the season then the promotion scenario probably becomes a remote possibility and my fears ( and hopes !!!!) subside . Probably demonstrates the dilemma of most genuine supporters? !!!!