• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v Yeovil Town AFC Official Match Day Thread. LD2. 13 March 2018

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry denz; that was a passback. I assume the referee adopted the viewpoint that you suggest, but in my opinion the defender found the ball that Pym had parried out at his feet. He definitely gave it a tap back at the very least; that wasnt any kind of rebound.

I'm still waiting to see what the rest of our City chums thought about Pym bringing their player down in the area, without getting anything on the ball. For me it was a definite pen; others might prefer 'stonewall' or 'nailed on'!
I don't know how you can be so sure from your vantage point, I had a perfect view and I stand by it.
If we are talking penalty claims, Boateng was brought down in the first half. A definite pen but it wasnt Pym who touched him so no comment there..

Avening Posse

Could not watch or listen so only have this thread to go on. Sounds like we had the chances to win it, and played better than we have of late. Hugely disappointing. Will be gutted if we blow it this season. Still think we will make play offs at least, but making it hard for ourselves again. Optimistically hoping playing two up top is where we are heading, and last night was the gelling in that leads to future results

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I wish the team had been as sharp as you tonight ramone. :D
I was going to slip the " hypocrite " quote in there for good measure.

IndoMike

Could not watch or listen so only have this thread to go on. Sounds like we had the chances to win it, and played better than we have of late. Hugely disappointing. Will be gutted if we blow it this season. Still think we will make play offs at least, but making it hard for ourselves again. Optimistically hoping playing two up top is where we are heading, and last night was the gelling in that leads to future results
Testing.....

Antony Moxey

Three words: cow, arse, banjo.

geoffwp

The cow played banjo with his arse?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That was my take too - although I was fortunate not to have been able to listen to the Carlisle match.

denzil

Still gutted after last night - We REALLY are doing our best to toss it all away !!!

David Treharne

Could not watch or listen so only have this thread to go on. Sounds like we had the chances to win it, and played better than we have of late. Hugely disappointing. Will be gutted if we blow it this season.
Sure we had chances to win it, but so did Yeovil. A night's sleep has not removed the feeling that the current line up is carrying too many passengers who are unable to instigate attacks quickly or retain the ball. The midfield bereft of JMT is prone to linger far too long in midfield waiting for players ahead of them to sort out where they are going and the notion of 'a quick break' is an anathema to them. I'd also reiterate that it's a great shame that matt Jay doesn't have the physical presence to turn his skill and undoubted talents into real threat and/or scoring chances. Unless the manager can find a way of supplying a steady stream of 'on a plate' chances to Stockley he's going to remain as a sole source of possible outlet, to whom the team boot the ball in the air to, in the hope that he will find skills that he clearly hasn't developed, like close ball control. Pedestrian barely describes large parts of last nights performance. I reiterate that at the moment Ryan Harley doesn't even deserve a place on the bench. Where are the chances for our so called 'up and coming' youngsters?

denzil

Sure we had chances to win it, but so did Yeovil. A night's sleep has not removed the feeling that the current line up is carrying too many passengers who are unable to instigate attacks quickly or retain the ball. The midfield bereft of JMT is prone to linger far too long in midfield waiting for players ahead of them to sort out where they are going and the notion of 'a quick break' is an anathema to them. I'd also reiterate that it's a great shame that matt Jay doesn't have the physical presence to turn his skill and undoubted talents into real threat and/or scoring chances. Unless the manager can find a way of supplying a steady stream of 'on a plate' chances to Stockley he's going to remain as a sole source of possible outlet, to whom the team boot the ball in the air to, in the hope that he will find skills that he clearly hasn't developed, like close ball control. Pedestrian barely describes large parts of last nights performance. I reiterate that at the moment Ryan Harley doesn't even deserve a place on the bench. Where are the chances for our so called 'up and coming' youngsters?
Excellent post Doctor Dave !