• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was a real human lady.
Oh dear, but I am not completely surprised.

IndoMike

Toothache. Dentists scare me.

Alistair20000

Toothache. Dentists scare me.
Gone are the days of the terror of the school dentist and his sadistic barbarism. Lots of leaflets online to help you with this fear (which I am bound to say is somewhat irrational) Indo but maybe the Colonies are a bit behind the times.

Just lie back and think of nice things such as a squirrel nasi goreng, a beautiful woman or a series of bucolic Devon pubs; or all three.

Here to help.

IndoMike

Gone are the days of the terror of the school dentist and his sadistic barbarism. Lots of leaflets online to help you with this fear (which I am bound to say is somewhat irrational) Indo but maybe the Colonies are a bit behind the times.

Just lie back and think of nice things such as a squirrel nasi goreng, a beautiful woman or a series of bucolic Devon pubs; or all three.

Here to help.
I appreciate that, Ali. Bad experience with a dentist a few years back. Literally touched a nerve. I screamed out. You should have seen the look on the faces of his patients waiting outside when I came out. True story.

Alistair20000

I appreciate that, Ali. Bad experience with a dentist a few years back. Literally touched a nerve. I screamed out. You should have seen the look on the faces of his patients waiting outside when I came out. True story.
Ah. I do sympathise.

I used to fear the dentist and many years ago ended up with a raging toothache over a weekend and in them days if there were emergency dental services I did not know about them. Not even the good old Johnny Walker could quell that pain. Never again. Get yourself off to the dentist straight away.

IndoMike

Ah. I do sympathise.

I used to fear the dentist and many years ago ended up with a raging toothache over a weekend and in them days if there were emergency dental services I did not know about them. Not even the good old Johnny Walker could quell that pain. Never again. Get yourself off to the dentist straight away.
The correct advice, I know. I'll give it another day and try to pluck up the courage on Friday if no improvement.

Alistair20000

The correct advice, I know. I'll give it another day and try to pluck up the courage on Friday if no improvement.
This is like the smoker who promises to give up starting next week. (facepalm)

I think I need to speak direct to Mrs Indo on this one.

IndoMike

This is like the smoker who promises to give up starting next week. (facepalm)

I think I need to speak direct to Mrs Indo on this one.
OK : her name is Sri Eko Wulan Nawangsih....no wonder I have toothache..I call her Sid for short.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Running out of milk.

A key sticking on my keyboard.

Last edited:

LOG

My neighbour being "helpful" by putting my bin out when i wasn't going to bother as there was hardly anything in it. This now puts the pressure on me to bring them both in.