• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
The pressure of writing greeting cards, knowing that you only get one shot at it or it's another trip to the shop.

Last edited:

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trying to boost your Wi-Fi signal to no avail.

Swanaldo

Trying to boost your Wi-Fi signal to no avail.
Have you checked if you can split the signal into two separate frequencies? This worked a treat with my BT hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-(wireless-network-name)?

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

Those endless Shen Yun ads on YouTube

LOG

The completely unnatural way that actors dance in TV programmes.

I'm not claiming i'm any better, FWIW, and probably have one and half left feet except, of course, after a couple of pints when i turn into Tony Manero B-)

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
People who call takeaway takeout despite not being American.

Alistair20000

I concur. Takeout is a word that belongs to contract bridge bidding.

See also:- 'movie' instead of 'film'; 'candy' instead of 'sweets'; and my ultimate gripe 'Can I get' instead of 'Can I have'. No you can't 'get' it, unless you want to vault the counter/bar and obtain said item/pour said pint yourself.

Harrumph.

contrabombarde

Now you have got me going...I don’t mind if the Americans keep it to themselves but I object to the dilution and dumbing down of our own language. Here’s the sort of thing you hear now.

OMG I was like really you know blown away and I was thinking oh that’s really cool and like yeah.

I could go on but you get the gist. I’ve annoyed myself now. :mad:

LOG

OMG I was like really you know blown away and I was thinking oh that’s really cool and like yeah.
I was on a train recently and there were two yoof talking to each other in such language. An hour later i'm sat there thinking, you've been jabbering on all this time but, as far as i can tell, neither of you have actually said anything.