• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was on a train recently and there were two yoof talking to each other in such language. An hour later i'm sat there thinking, you've been jabbering on all this time but, as far as i can tell, neither of you have actually said anything.
oh the irony :)

iscalad

See also:- 'movie' instead of 'film'; 'candy' instead of 'sweets'; and my ultimate gripe 'Can I get' instead of 'Can I have'. No you can't 'get' it, unless you want to vault the counter/bar and obtain said item/pour said pint yourself.

Harrumph.
Heard this all the time when I ran the bar at the Uni. Just for devilment, I would say, no I'll get it, That's what I'm paid for. Got some very odd expressions on peoples faces as they worked that out. :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Not so much a little thing that has annoyed me .......This dumb ****ing idiot truck driver that thought he had a bit of a dodgy tire so decided to pull off the road and proceed to drive round and round checking to make sure they were ok.

Pity this brain dead twonk didn't look to see that he wouldn't be destroying part of the Nazca lines at the same time !

LOG

Getting absolutely nowhere with a High Street bank today despite being on the phone for about 45 minutes. I won't name and shame but it rhymes with "Floyds."

It went a little something like this:

- Dial number for customer services
- Tell a machine why i'm phoning
- Enter account details and security number
- Wait on hold for 5 minutes, being told relentlessly that my call is important
- Get through, explain the problem (which they've caused) only to be told i need to speak to Dept 2

- Put through to Dept 2
- Wait on hold for 10 minutes, being told relentlessly that my call is important
- Get through, explain the problem again
- Apparently, nobody there knows the solution
- Try suggested workarounds, none of which work around
- Fobbed off by being told that Dept 3 will sort it out

- Put through to Dept 3 and faced with automated options
- Somehow end up in a perpetual cycle of number pushing, none of which are what i want, but there's no escape so i hang up

- Phone Dept 3 direct and have to go through all of the security questions again
- Wait on hold for 10 minutes, being told relentlessly that my call is important
- Get through, explain the problem again
- Told that even though i have full online access to the account i'm not set up for telephone banking so they can't help
- Suggested i speak to Dept 2 again even though they didn't know the answer. I tell them that i've no intention of doing this as they referred me to you
- Told i'd need to go into a branch, which i'd guess is the joker they play to get rid of you, even though they've closed pretty much all of them

Swanaldo

Nipping into a well known supermarket and getting absolutely nowhere despite being in there for 15 minutes. I won't name and shame but it rhymes with Tresco.

- Said supermarket had send me a lovely Clubcard voucher worth £5. "Hooray, free shopping!" we cried.
- Nipped in quickly to grab milk, fruit and a few other bits, making sure it came to less than £5.
- Beep beep. "That'll be £4.97 please".
- Hands over £5 voucher.
- "We can't give you any change, because it's a voucher"
- "That's fine" say I "I don't need the three pence change"
- "Nope sorry it won't let me do it".

FFS

The chap at Customer Services eventually sorted it out by scanning ninety six different bar codes, but what a bloody palaver.

Alistair20000

Nipping into a well known supermarket and getting absolutely nowhere despite being in there for 15 minutes. I won't name and shame but it rhymes with Tresco.

- Said supermarket had send me a lovely Clubcard voucher worth £5. "Hooray, free shopping!" we cried.
- Nipped in quickly to grab milk, fruit and a few other bits, making sure it came to less than £5.
- Beep beep. "That'll be £4.97 please".
- Hands over £5 voucher.
- "We can't give you any change, because it's a voucher"
- "That's fine" say I "I don't need the three pence change"
- "Nope sorry it won't let me do it".

FFS

The chap at Customer Services eventually sorted it out by scanning ninety six different bar codes, but what a bloody palaver.
Prior to matey in Customer Services sorting it out were you served by a robotic human or were you doing the self check out ?

Last edited:

Early Bath

Getting absolutely nowhere with a High Street bank today despite being on the phone for about 45 minutes. I won't name and shame but it rhymes with "Floyds."
Interestingly, yesterday I couldn't complete the log- in to my on line account with Floyds, kept telling me to reset passwords/user ID etc. which I did and it kept repeating "reset" etc.
Decided to have an on-line "chat", couldn't help, so tried Floyds telephone help line, auto voice said they couldn't help either. In the end went to my local branch 10 miles away, although that didn't matter as I was going that way anyway, had a chat with one of the staff, problem solved in 5 minutes.
The answer was to change my memorable information code. Well done Floyds local branch, but boo to on-line assistance.

LOG

Interestingly, yesterday I couldn't complete the log- in to my on line account with Floyds, kept telling me to reset passwords/user ID etc. which I did and it kept repeating "reset" etc.
Decided to have an on-line "chat", couldn't help, so tried Floyds telephone help line, auto voice said they couldn't help either. In the end went to my local branch 10 miles away, although that didn't matter as I was going that way anyway, had a chat with one of the staff, problem solved in 5 minutes.
The answer was to change my memorable information code. Well done Floyds local branch, but boo to on-line assistance.
Those online chats things tend to be pretty useless in my experience. I once spent over two hours on one trying to sort out my mum's broadband with a company i won't name and shame but which rhymes with Walk Walk.

After trying every troubleshooting technique known to man (i lost count of the number of times i turned the router off and on) the conclusion was that they'd send a new router.

Soon after she did indeed Walk Walk.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
The BBC weather app update meaning keep trying to wipe spots of rain off my phone screen :$

Swanaldo

Were you served by a robotic human or were you doing the self check out ?
It was a real human lady.