• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 22/23

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
We must of released him otherwise we’d be due a fee, Ali McGivley who is his agent, was City’s head of recruitment and also good mates with Bill who is Leicesters head of recruitment! Make of that what you will 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Sounds like we need to look at this

Agent Andy

I wouldn’t worry denzel , I’ve seen Mcnab play on numerous occasions and he is no where near Lees standards at that age , probably why we released him .

DawlishBouy

We must of released him otherwise we’d be due a fee, Ali McGivley who is his agent, was City’s head of recruitment and also good mates with Bill who is Leicesters head of recruitment! Make of that what you will 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
One report says he is 15. Another says he is 16. For a keeper of that age to be picked for the under 18's as he was at the start of the season it seems strange for him to be released. As far as I'm aware he was only at City for 2 years or less so any compensation fee, if owed, would presumably be very minimal.

Colesman Ballz

This certainly seems to throw up a few questions about ethics. Is it good practice for a head of recruitment to also act as an agent for a young lad ? And was he involved in the decision to release him ? :unsure:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

DawlishBouy

Oxford United's under 18's, who knocked out City in the Third Round, lose 0-3 away to Man City in the FA Youth Cup quarter final this evening. They beat Cardiff 3-1 in the fourth round and Leeds 3-1 in the fifth round.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The team that played on Saturday contained some new names for me, and I see from DB's list below only three starters were in the 2nd year scholars list with another two being subs
Scott Simmons, Pedro Borges, Alfie Clark, and subs: Aamir Daniels, Mitch Beardmore,

We know Pedro Borges has a professional contract and Mitch Beardmore is thought highly of, do we have any news on any of the others?

Also starting were these three who aren't in any of the lists does anybody know anything about them

Dylan Shanahan -is he the goalie from afar and if so has he been signed on as he seems to be a permanent feature in recent matches
Santino Ohanaka
Kye Cooper

Exeter City Youth squad 2022/23

2nd Year scholars (under 18)
Harry Lee [pro-first team squad]
Sonny Cox [pro-first team squad]
Aamir Daniels [loan to Tavistock]
Joe O’Connor [loan to Tavistock]
Ed James [loan to Saltash]
Harrison King
Gabriel Billington
Mitch Beardmore
Alfie Clark
Scott Simmons
Pedro Borges
Joe Wragg
George Spencer [or is he 1st year?]
Andrew Sowden [or is he 1st year?]

1st Year Scholars (under 17)
Max Edgecombe
Tom Dean
Alfie Cunningham
Sam Joce
Lewis McNab [or is he under 16?]
Phil Mendonca [or is he under 16?]
Jacca Cavendish [or is he under 16?]
Theo Cutler [or is he under 16?]

under 16’s
Liam Oakes
Jake Richards ?

Hopefully we should her some news on the youngsters shortly as there would appear to be a number of decisions to make?

DawlishBouy

The team that played on Saturday contained some new names for me, and I see from DB's list below only three starters were in the 2nd year scholars list with another two being subs
Scott Simmons, Pedro Borges, Alfie Clark, and subs: Aamir Daniels, Mitch Beardmore,

We know Pedro Borges has a professional contract and Mitch Beardmore is thought highly of, do we have any news on any of the others?

Also starting were these three who aren't in any of the lists does anybody know anything about them

Dylan Shanahan -is he the goalie from afar and if so has he been signed on as he seems to be a permanent feature in recent matches
Santino Ohanaka
Kye Cooper

Exeter City Youth squad 2022/23

2nd Year scholars (under 18)
Harry Lee [pro-first team squad]
Sonny Cox [pro-first team squad]
Aamir Daniels [loan to Tavistock]
Joe O’Connor [loan to Tavistock]
Ed James [loan to Saltash]
Harrison King
Gabriel Billington
Mitch Beardmore
Alfie Clark
Scott Simmons
Pedro Borges
Joe Wragg
George Spencer [or is he 1st year?]
Andrew Sowden [or is he 1st year?]

1st Year Scholars (under 17)
Max Edgecombe
Tom Dean
Alfie Cunningham
Sam Joce
Lewis McNab [or is he under 16?]
Phil Mendonca [or is he under 16?]
Jacca Cavendish [or is he under 16?]
Theo Cutler [or is he under 16?]

under 16’s
Liam Oakes
Jake Richards ?

Hopefully we should her some news on the youngsters shortly as there would appear to be a number of decisions to make?
Santino Ohanaka was making his debut. I googled his name and found an instagram page. Nothing was posted there about him but there was a picture of an ECFC shirt so I presume he is in the academy at under 16 or under 15 level.
Kye Cooper made his under 18’s debut in January and is in the under 16’s age group.
Dylan Shanahan comes from the Bromley area in Kent. No idea if he has been signed or is on trial.
Lewis McNab has signed for Leicester.
Someone recently suggested Joe Wragg is actually a third year scholar.
George Spencer & Andrew Sowden have been confirmed to be second year scholars and Scott Simmons is a first year scholar.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Santino Ohanaka was making his debut. I googled his name and found an instagram page. Nothing was posted there about him but there was a picture of an ECFC shirt so I presume he is in the academy at under 16 or under 15 level.
Kye Cooper made his under 18’s debut in January and is in the under 16’s age group.
Dylan Shanahan comes from the Bromley area in Kent. No idea if he has been signed or is on trial.
Lewis McNab has signed for Leicester.
Someone recently suggested Joe Wragg is actually a third year scholar.
George Spencer & Andrew Sowden have been confirmed to be second year scholars and Scott Simmons is a first year scholar.
To be unnecessarily pedantic Bromley is in South London, although many of it's residents would prefer to be able to say they lived in Kent.

Colesman Ballz

I thought that there were rules regarding distance from home/travelling time for academy players, or have these been jettisoned ? Bromley looks to be "beyond the pale" so to speak, unless his family have relocated westwards ? :unsure: