• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your top 10 keepers

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alan Barnett must be included : our keeper in a promotion season, if I'm not mistaken?
Well versed in the art of saving penalties too ! Think he saved at least four that year.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ian Main (RIP)
George Hunter

Can't believe no one has mentioned Andy Woodman (tmi)

budegrecian

Vince O'Keefe anybody? Thought not....

IndoMike

Well versed in the art of saving penalties too ! Think he saved at least four that year.
I'm a bit confused about when Peter Shearing took over from Alan, Ballzy. Was Alan injured in the promotion season and Peter was brought in..? I think Alan only played in around 20 matches that season. Help?

iscalad

No Len Bond? dreadful omission so far.
My thoughts exactly.

Colesman Ballz

I'm a bit confused about when Peter Shearing took over from Alan, Ballzy. Was Alan injured in the promotion season and Peter was brought in..? I think Alan only played in around 20 matches that season. Help?
Barnett played every game but one of the promotion season, the other being the one and only league appearance of James(Jimmy?) Parkhill.

Shearing replaced Barnett for the 6th game of 64-65 (I do not know the reason) and remained between the sticks thereafter.

In 65-66 Shearing was number 1 again, although Barnett appeared in one early game, and another run of six games late on in the season.

IndoMike

Barnett played every game but one of the promotion season, the other being the one and only league appearance of James(Jimmy?) Parkhill.

Shearing replaced Barnett for the 6th game of 64-65 (I do not know the reason) and remained between the sticks thereafter.

In 65-66 Shearing was number 1 again, although Barnett appeared in one early game, and another run of six games late on in the season.
Thanks. That's I thought, but googled Alan Barnett and their stat said 20 or something. Puzzled me.

Early Bath

Bert Hoyle anyone?

grecIAN Harris

King Kev is, by far, the best I've seen in my 40 years of watching City. Then it would have to be Len Bond.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
King Kev is, by far, the best I've seen in my 40 years of watching City. Then it would have to be Len Bond.
Pity you weren't watching a little longer then you might've seen George Hunter formally of Glasgow Celtic who was adjudged to be the best 'keeper in the division even when Reg Mathews the current England goalie turned out for Coventry City.

After Hunter I would say Kevin Miller closely followed by Peter Shearing and Len Bond.