• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your Team For Tranmere....

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, however, IMO, (and others) we are desperately missing his wise old head sitting in front the back three/four, which allows the midfield to operate much more effectively. Obviously it'd be a (very) short term solution, but one I think needs to be taken currently, especially against a team like 'Mere where we need to take these points.
I don't doubt that we are missing his wise old head but is his very old body going to keep up with his wise old head in League 1. I don't think so.
Gov, I don't understand why Saunders hasn't played yet. He is better at using the ball than Sercs is at the moment IMHO. And as for the middle of your team..................... two blokes over the age of 35 as the core of our side, I don't think so. We've got no pace as it is, why pick the slowest pairing of the lot.

00gill78

Thats two people who have chosen Fleetwood on the flanks. I cant see his fitness or workrate really suiting that position.
Just to clarify. Fleetwood would be part of a twin strikeforce
alongside McAllister with Noone out wide. He would not be operating
on the flank.

00gill78

Well, with Burnell, McAllister and Golbourne out, I'm going to go 442 with:

................Jansson
Tully.....Taylor.....A-Henville...Duffy

Harley...Russell....Cozic......Noone

.........Fleetwood..Logan

Tempted to start with Watson but would probably give him a good 25 minutes as
a sub.

... as for the middle of your team..................... two blokes over the age of 35 as the core of our side, I don't think so. We've got no pace as it is, why pick the slowest pairing of the lot.
Pace isn't everything, and Noone and Stanno have it in bundles.

Besides, it worked last season.

"... and it would have worked this season, too, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids ..." [sorry, too much watching Scooby Doo]

GeraintJones

ok ok...........

------------------Oscar----------------

Tully-----Taylor---------Troy-----Duffy

----------Cozic---------Russell---------

-----Harley-----------------------Noone

-----------Fleetwood------Corr---------

Bench:

Marriott
Golbourne
Seaborne
Burnell
Stewart
Logan
Stansfield

A kind of 4-4-2.....Cozic to add that extra "bite" in midfiled, we dont have a good enough right winger in our squad...so i havnt picked one. I would ask Harley to play in a 'free role' behind a front 2, with the majority of his play down the right flank and i would have russell protecting Tully when we dont have the ball, this system relies on the right back doing alot of leg work up and down the pitch and i believe Tully can do this.

My bench offers a variety of options depending on how the game pans out.

Overall a fairly attacking team, at home we need to get the best out of our most creative player (Harley), with Noone hugging the touchline and fleets playing on the shoulder of the last man the game should be fairly open creating space for Harley to work off that right flank, cutting inside and drifting about the final 3rd, he will have the comfort of having two defensive midfielders behind him (Russell, Cozic), thus lessening his defensive duties.

I would encourage us to mix up our attacking play, looking for Noone and Fleets when possible, and Corr as an airial threat. With the creativity of Harley, the presence of Corr, the trickery of Noone and the instincts of Fleetwood, I believe this side would cause Tranmere problems, too many times this season our goal threat has been minimal at home. Its time to stop showing these teams too much respect!

Donna

ok ok...........

------------------Oscar----------------
Tully-----Taylor---------Troy-----Duffy
----------Cozic---------Russell---------
-----Harley-----------------------Noone
-----------Fleetwood------Corr---------

Bench: Marriott, Golbourne, Seaborne, Burnell, Stewart, Logan, Stansfield
And assuming Fleets starts showing his unfitness in 1st half as I think he's done last two matches whip him off quick, Tis to hug Logan (read pre-season supplement from E&E) and bung him on quick.

I'd have Logie over Fleetwood any day.

GeraintJones

And assuming Fleets starts showing his unfitness in 1st half as I think he's done last two matches whip him off quick, Tis to hug Logan (read pre-season supplement from E&E) and bung him on quick.

I'd have Logie over Fleetwood any day.
I see your point with Logan but I believe that a Fleetwood/Corr partnership would be better suited for this game. Its not a simple as player x is better than player y....horses for courses and all that.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im going for.

Janssen

Duffy Taylor Henville Seabourne

Saunders Sercombe Harley noone

Logan Fleetwood.

Thats what ide pick myself!!

exeips

...........Janssen

Tully Taylor Troy Duffy
........ Edwards
Stansfield Harley Noone
..Fleetwood Stewart

Logan & Cozic on for Stewart & Edwards after 65 minutes.

Your'e Not Number 1

Team lineup for tomorrow is

Oscar

Duffy, Troy, Taylor, Seabourne

Stewart, Russell, Harley, Noone

Fleetwood, Stanno