• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youngsters to get their chance with some players told they're free to leave

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not great for team spirit if players are told they are dispensable but still remain at the club.
indeed. MT normally speaks very well and is open and direct, which is generally good for us supporters.

but I think this interview by MT has been a mistake. Fair enough to tell players they aren’t in the managers plans. But to tell the squad this - they will be able to work out who is affected. And to tell fans leading to speculation on boards like this - Fisher, Jay, Seymour- it cannot be good for their names to be bandied about like this.

and then telling potentially interested clubs that he is , in effect, desperate to get players off the books and that he doesn’t rate them. What does that do for the prospect of clubs taking on such players or on the price (wages) they are prepared to pay? If anyone is interested in such a player their first gambit is going be to ask how much of the wages we will continue paying so as to offload.

Oldsmobile-88

Reading between the lines it shows how tight things are expected to be next season financially.

DB9

Reading between the lines it shows how tight things are expected to be next season financially.
That's why when people said we're pretty good financially after various sales I kept saying that money doesn't sit in a account not used, It's used for alsorts and day to day running, If we have to tighten our belts and use the youth etc expect that transition season.

i8cornwall

That's why when people said we're pretty good financially after various sales I kept saying that money doesn't sit in a account not used, It's used for alsorts and day to day running, If we have to tighten our belts and use the youth etc expect that transition season.
going to be living within very fine margins for the next season maybe two. If it all goes wrong for what ever reason then we could be staring non league in the face yet again.

I’ve every faith in the young lads and the senior players mind so not worried at the moment but who knows what the future holds.

IndoMike

What a different story it would have been if no covid 19 and if we had gotten promoted to Div 1, which we nearly did.
Just goes to prove you never know what lies around the corner.
So, enjoy life chaps and what will be will be.. Let's get behind Taylor's Toddlers and look forward to an exciting season with a team full of energy and spirit, which our youngsters clearly display. They will give their all and if not successful it won't be for lack of effort.

DB9

going to be living within very fine margins for the next season maybe two. If it all goes wrong for what ever reason then we could be staring non league in the face yet again.

I’ve every faith in the young lads and the senior players mind so not worried at the moment but who knows what the future holds.
Who knows indeed i8, As long as we're realistic and stop going on about those who are able to sign players, Sell on money that might not even be forth coming, We may (fingers crossed) have enough within those youngsters to surprise a few teams and sit comfortably in mid-table

Alistair20000

I would worry with a team full of youngsters.

L2 can be tough physically. Need a few gnarled, experienced pros in to give balance.

DB9

L2 can be tough physically. Need a few gnarled, experienced pros in to give balance.
I would as well, It can be a dog eat dog league but a smattering of youth and more experienced players should be ok, Again look at Bolton last season when they had no choice in playing youth players, Being hammered each week must have been soul destroying but i'm sure their fans supported them 100% because they knew it wasn't their fault.

IndoMike

You are Alan Hansen and I claim my pint of cider and pasty.

Alistair20000

You are Alan Hansen and I claim my pint of cider and pasty.
Not allowed to serve. Sadly. COVID restrictions apply.