• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
So it would appear from these latest posts, and the opinion I formed from the RD commentary that Yeovil were unlucky not to get something from that game? On another day, and with any luck, it appears they could have won.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
So it would appear from these latest posts, and the opinion I formed from the RD commentary that Yeovil were unlucky not to get something from that game? On another day, and with any luck, it appears they could have won.
You seem to get stupider by the day, Pate.

We had a few issues, Yeovil had more. Yeovil probably should have had a few more goals but so should we, 5-3 seems more like what the score should have been. Yeovil were so poor though that they'd need a huge amount of luck, that team shouldn't be beating anyone in the league judging by how badly they played.

A better team might have got something against us, but we weren't playing a better team and we didn't even field our 'strongest' squad (imo), I think that Tis may have rested the duracell twins for the first half with consideration for tomorrow's game against a team who should be much stronger.

PeteUSA

You seem to get stupider by the day, Pate.

We had a few issues, Yeovil had more. Yeovil probably should have had a few more goals but so should we, 5-3 seems more like what the score should have been. Yeovil were so poor though that they'd need a huge amount of luck, that team shouldn't be beating anyone in the league judging by how badly they played.

A better team might have got something against us, but we weren't playing a better team and we didn't even field our 'strongest' squad (imo), I think that Tis may have rested the duracell twins for the first half with consideration for tomorrow's game against a team who should be much stronger.
Thats quite incredible. You give me a sh*tload of reasons why my observations are in many ways correct, particularly "Yeovil probably should have had a FEW MORE goals", following the comment that I seem to "get stupider by the day"!

Is there any way you could see your way clear to leaving out the insults?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amen to that!

Stick to the issues, leave out the personal insults.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pete you are of course perfectly correct, and those that were there are wrong. Jonesy had a shocker as well.

Can we move on?

Anyone see Marcus's warm up at half time?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thats quite incredible. You give me a sh*tload of reasons why my observations are in many ways correct, particularly "Yeovil probably should have had a FEW MORE goals", following the comment that I seem to "get stupider by the day"!

Sorry Pete, I'm just fed up with reading the endless negative rubbish that you write on here, based on a bit of radio commentary. We weren't great but we weren't going to get beaten by Yeovil unless something very bizarre happened.

Could you also point out the 'sh*tload of reasons' that I made? I never fail to be amazed by how you twist peoples words in your head so that they fit your strange opinions.

Parklife

IMO your observations were not correct. You cut Jan's quote off too soon - he said Yeovil could have scored more but so could we (two efforts from Cureton spring to mind). So Yeovil were not unlucky and could not have won it with the performance they put in. They got what they deserved - nil point.

As for Marcus's warm-up at half-time, he put in far too much effort. Rightwing would not have been pleased. ;)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone see Marcus's warm up at half time?
The only thing that I saw at halftime was the backs of my eyelids. No sleep, an excess of alcohol and a train journey from Bristol were not conducive to feeling at my best :D

PeteUSA

Sorry Pete, I'm just fed up with reading the endless negative rubbish that you write on here, based on a bit of radio commentary.
Well I would like to say apology accepted, but I think the "endless negative rubbish" comment put paid to that!

Read the last six or eight posts like I did before posting, and see if you think the input in general isnt a teensy weensy bit negative. F*ck the radio commentary!

There's no need to respond again, although I suspect you will. I'm logging off. Got other things to do than discuss a match that it would appear was between two poor teams.

LOG

Pedantic tw*t! And no I have nothing in common with Claridge. He doesnt know the rudiments of goalkeeping like me!

So unless you have anything further to add to this thread, like some input about Drew Peacocks masturbation habit, which I suspect is right up your alley as it were, then f*ck off!
Anyway, as you were.

Hi Pate.