• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
The thing now is we have to deal with loads of experts, royal watchers and sycophantic news presenters going on about it, I'm sure the RF would just think " I've told you now, let us recover in peace"
They’ve rightly or wrongly told us the bare minimum, leaving it wide open for hours and hours of mind-numbingly boring speculation. Lest we forget the late Queen was obviously given a terminal diagnosis and we were told for months that she was merely a tad tired.🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

DB9

They’ve rightly or wrongly told us the bare minimum, leaving it wide open for hours and hours of mind-numbingly boring speculation. Lest we forget the late Queen was obviously given a terminal diagnosis and we were told for months that she was merely tad tired.🤷‍♂️
TBH regarding the late Queen, If she had a terminal diagnosis, At 96 and after 70+ years of service to the country I'd give her that time to go in the place she obviously loved, Balmoral. As for the bare minimum regarding Kate and The King, That's down to them what they want to tell us, It's only because of SM any speculation is rife.

tavyred

Speculation thrives in a vacuum unfortunately and as much they would it want it to, they cannot expect the level of privacy the rest of enjoy as private citizens.
This furore all started when a relatively young woman in her 40’s had a two week stay in hospital for abdominal surgery, which even now none of us have scooby-do as to why she needed it.

DB9

Speculation thrives in a vacuum unfortunately and as much they would it want it to, they cannot expect the level of privacy the rest of enjoy as private citizens.
This furore all started when a relatively young woman in her 40’s had a two week stay in hospital for abdominal surgery, which even now none of us have scooby-do as to why she needed it.
TBH I honestly don't want or think I have right to know, It's down to her, Like all of us, if we wish a medical procedure or condition to be kept between us, the doctor and close family, Why should others "Demand the right to know" ?

Alistair20000

Do we need to know all the fine details ?

Reactions: DB9

arthur

Do we need to know all the fine details ?
Of course. The People want to know and the Will of the People must be respected. Have you not been paying attention these past eight years?

tavyred

TBH I honestly don't want or think I have right to know, It's down to her, Like all of us, if we wish a medical procedure or condition to be kept between us, the doctor and close family, Why should others "Demand the right to know" ?
Then perhaps don’t complain about the unending speculation if that’s the case.
The MSM isnt particularly demanding the right to know, it’s just part of the RF media circus that in the absence of knowing there’s loads of money to be made in the endless speculation.
For example if we were told that Kate had had a particular operation a few weeks back we (and them!) would’ve been spared all this Kate is missing bollacks. 🤷‍♂️

elginCity

So the family should disclose full details otherwise people might speculate which type of cancer it is and at what stage. I’m guessing they’ll choose to guard their privacy, and rightly so.

tavyred

So the family should disclose full details otherwise people might speculate which type of cancer it is and at what stage. I’m guessing they’ll choose to guard their privacy, and rightly so.
Difficult balance to strike Elgy, in this case the cancer wasn’t discovered until after the initial two week hospital stay. I do sense that we wouldn’t have had the news yesterday if there wasn’t a story around hospital staff trying to get to Kate’s medical info.
Maybe a tad harsh, but isn’t this a case of ‘what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive’ ?
Or perhaps more pertinently ‘when we first practice to keep quiet’ in the face of massive world wide public interest.

Alistair20000

Of course. The People want to know and the Will of the People must be respected. Have you not been paying attention these past eight years?
You are being rather rather naughty here art (n)

You know little escapes my jaundiced, beady eye. :)