• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City Match Day Thread.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Should never of been in that position for all his good points Hartridge can’t pass the ball
Seen it every game
Matt Taylor used to take the mickey out of his passing ability
I disagree, his passing of the ball, forwards up the pitch, has always impressed me !

Colesman Ballz

Basics from Hartridge
Agree has played well the last few games but still don’t think he is good as everyone thinks he is
Is there anybody at all, in the squad or amongst the coaching staff, that you do have a good word to say about ? :unsure:

Last edited:

robchave

Only just seen the highlights. Clearly Hartridge was to blame for their first goal, needlessly giving the ball away in the final third, although he can be forgiven as he's had an excellent season overall.

Excellent turn, run and pass from Stanno. The boy has so much potential.

Mitchell could of had a hatrick and should of had at least one.

Looked like a draw was a fair result from the limited highlights shown.
I think Wycombe 3 - 4 ECFC would have actually been a fair result, taking account of the good chances missed.

iscalad

Matt Taylor used to take the mickey out of his passing ability
Can you point me to where this was said, please.

tonykellowfan

Ignore the trolling, Hartridge is one of our best players, there's a reason he plays every game. He made a silly mistake, it shouldn't have cost a goal, but it did. Unlucky.

The thing you don't get from highlights or ifollow is how the team react after a goal like that. Not a single player was finger pointing, McDonald and Aimson were geeing up the players, great team spirit.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you point me to where this was said, please.
Remember Taylor saying they had started fining Hartridge every time he passed the ball straight off the pitch. However I think Hartridge has developed into a quality cb and his distribution is generally pretty good. I like him.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ignore the trolling, Hartridge is one of our best players, there's a reason he plays every game. He made a silly mistake, it shouldn't have cost a goal, but it did. Unlucky.

The thing you don't get from highlights or ifollow is how the team react after a goal like that. Not a single player was finger pointing, McDonald and Aimson were geeing up the players, great team spirit.
Not just one of our best players but someone who the formation of the team is built around. It's no co-incidence that 2 managers in a row have ended up settling on three at the back as our best formation.

fred binneys head

Don't really want to pull you up on basic maths, but I think you will find there are three J Wannell's 😉
🤣 I didn’t look at the bench.

fred binneys head

Perhaps fbh has bookmarked it in his bulging folder of questions
Don’t tell anyone though.

Just been sent this youth teamsheet from Steve Stentiford from 7th November 2006.

None other than Sam Vokes leading the line for AFC Bournemouth that day….fast forward just over 17 years and Vokes leads the line for Wycombe against us!l in L1!
View attachment 11158
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says......I can't believe no-one else noticed that Mathew Bye has copyrighted his name.

What a strange thing to do, given he ended up doing very little other than play non-league.......

Regards,

TheManFromDelMonte.