• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe v Exeter City Matchday Thread

DaveE

Re: Wycombe v Exeter City Matchday Threadt

Hypothetical I know but if we lose at Wycombe today and we lose at home to Grimsby nbext saturday, will anything change ?
No. It wouldn't change if we lost all our games this season.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hypothetical I know but if we lose at Wycombe today and we lose at home to Grimsby nbext saturday, will anything change ?
Probably not , but with those results we'll be dead certs with the bookies for relegation by March.
Poor midfield , leaky defence and a manager that's lost the plot , prime ingredients that not even Reuben Reid can bail out.

Last edited:

IndoMike

I see trouble. 3-1 loss.

Very interested to see how they line up today, a bit of pressure is character building and sorts the men from the boys, and the pressure is certainly on. Wycombe away is the perfect test and we owe them for consistently cheating, beating us, and boring the arse off the travelling faithful over recent seasons. I hope Holmes and Reid tear them a new one UTC
Let it go AP, let it go. If you think watching Wycombe is boring then you certainly have not been attending too many home City games.

Lets try and have a Wycombe thread that does not bang on about 'nasty Wycombe hurting poor little Exeter'. If we win it is because we deserved to and if we lose its because we deserve to.

However if they supposdly spend their whole time wasting time then how about we take the lead early. That way they cannot do it. Radical thought hey?

Avening Posse

Let it go AP, let it go. If you think watching Wycombe is boring then you certainly have not been attending too many home City games.

Lets try and have a Wycombe thread that does not bang on about 'nasty Wycombe hurting poor little Exeter'. If we win it is because we deserved to and if we lose its because we deserve to.

However if they supposdly spend their whole time wasting time then how about we take the lead early. That way they cannot do it. Radical thought hey?
Ha, yes love an early lead me, and you never know.....we said that last year and the year before that on these very threads for away to this lot, didn't do us much good !!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S

No - it's pretty simple.

Regardless of league position or form he's not going anywhere.

There is no team apart from us wouldn't of sacked there manager after 0 home wins out of 5 or 3 from 24 in a calendar year - it's not really possible to get much worse apart from losing all 28.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

TotnesGrecian

Akinfenwa v Reid will be interesting, last time they met was at Wembley..

rp42

#ECFC: Olejnik, Stacey, Woodman, JMT, Croll, James, Watkins, Taylor, Holmes, Reid, Simpson.
Subs: Pym, Wheeler, Oakley, McAlinden, Jay, CRL, Sweeney.

fred binneys head

Yes! Oakley on the bench.